1992 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Consumer Review: Couldn't ask for a better truc

1992 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series - Consumer Review

Couldn't ask for a better truck...
By gator_in_va on

1992 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series K1500 Silverado 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

This has been the best vehicle I've ever owned - bar none. In 140,000 miles, I've broken down once ($25 ignition module). Transmission is the biggest weak spot on the C/K1500 - I replaced mine at 120,000 for less than 4 new car payments. This truck has done everything I've asked of it; and done it well. I plan to keep this thing until it rolls 300,000 miles...so far the first half has been great! Still have origonal rear brakes (only on 2nd set of front brakes); averaging about 60,000 miles per set of tires with only one allignment since I purchased the truck new.

Nothing extraordinary - it just works well. Clean layout of the engine compartment makes it a breeze to do maintenance.

GM should fix KNOWN problems and work to improve consistency in quality. If GM had fixed the transmission problems with the TH700/4L60 series sooner, they would have more repeat customers. The consistency of quality is not great - I got lucky while others got lemons.