Used 1992 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Chevrolet Ck-1500-series - Consumer Reviews

1992 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Regular Cab

View reviews for a specific C/K 1500 Series model:

Most Helpful|
Wouldnt trade for a new one
By Jon

1992 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Regular Cab C1500 2dr Regular Cab SB

I wouldn't trade this ole truck for ANYTHING new. I can pop the hood in the driveway and replace any part I want short of pulling the motor, at a low cost. All the parts are readily available at the parts store, cheap, and easy to install. Priceless when compared to the computerized BS offered on today's new car lots. Gas mileage poor, but it's paid and I own it 100%, so that dont matter. Interior quality is a sick joke. I've had Revell Model kits built better that GM early 90's interiors. But still, priceless truck if you are the driveway mechanic.

Favorite Features

Ease of repair. Looks great.

Suggested Improvements

INTERIOR, PERIOD. Lets build a body that doesn't fall apart around the engine.

1992 Chevy 1500
By bubba92

1992 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Regular Cab C1500 Silverado 2dr Regular Cab SB

I drive a 92 1500 6 cylinder PU. It's an automatic, but I couldn't find the designation above. I bought it new in 1992 and just rolled over 447,000 miles. Can anyone beat that? It has been paid off since 1995. I'm going to be buried in my truck.

love my old truck
By tompnoid

1992 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Regular Cab C1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab LB

i love this truck yes it has the turning radius of the moon yes it smokes oil out of the tail pipe the lowerpanels under the extendedcab are rotted out. the brake booster just went it eats 3 quarts of oil a week but it has never left me sit just went to maryland and picked up a ford f150 put it on the dolly and hauled it back hom to pa baby girl is my favorite vehicle of all time. 5.7 v8 2 wd

Favorite Features

it is so easy to work on love it

Suggested Improvements

imma put a new motor in this summer well as soon as it gets warm enough to do it in the drive way the valve seats and o rings are trash damn bean counters

Nice truck
By Fourwheelin man

1992 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Regular Cab C1500 Silverado 2dr Regular Cab LB

This truck is awesome. Hauls heavy loads great. Never had any problems with it and it has 131,000 on it. The power of the 5.7L V8 is awesome! Great burnout truck.

Favorite Features

5.7 350 V8!

Suggested Improvements

Little darker window tint.

Awesome Toy
By rockman

1992 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Regular Cab K1500 Silverado 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

This is one awseome truck. This truck will go anywhere and the 4 wheel drive system shifts easly. It is a basic, no nonsense 4X4. It rides smooth on the road and tackles the mud and snow with ease. The 5.7, 5 speed still works great and has 226,000 miles on it. You can open the hood and actually see the engine. Brakes work fine and the steering is still tight after all these miles. It does not have all the modern devices like the newer trucks, but it is more dependable. The brush guard and winch are a added feature for a off road hunting and fishing toy and my dog loves to ride.

Favorite Features

Simple design, easy to work on when needed, dependable 4x4 system.

Suggested Improvements

Better door hinges and glove box door hinges.