1992 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C/K 1500 Series model:
1992 Chevy 1500
By bubba92 on 09/16/14 12:03 PM (PDT)

1992 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Regular Cab C1500 Silverado 2dr Regular Cab SB

I drive a 92 1500 6 cylinder PU. It's an automatic, but I couldn't find the designation above. I bought it new in 1992 and just rolled over 447,000 miles. Can anyone beat that? It has been paid off since 1995. I'm going to be buried in my truck.

love my old truck
By tompnoid on 03/29/11 09:32 AM (PDT)

1992 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Regular Cab C1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab LB

i love this truck yes it has the turning radius of the moon yes it smokes oil out of the tail pipe the lowerpanels under the extendedcab are rotted out. the brake booster just went it eats 3 quarts of oil a week but it has never left me sit just went to maryland and picked up a ford f150 put it on the dolly and hauled it back hom to pa baby girl is my favorite vehicle of all time. 5.7 v8 2 wd

Wouldnt trade for a new one
By Jon on 11/26/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Regular Cab C1500 2dr Regular Cab SB

I wouldn't trade this ole truck for ANYTHING new. I can pop the hood in the driveway and replace any part I want short of pulling the motor, at a low cost. All the parts are readily available at the parts store, cheap, and easy to install. Priceless when compared to the computerized BS offered on today's new car lots. Gas mileage poor, but it's paid and I own it 100%, so that dont matter. Interior quality is a sick joke. I've had Revell Model kits built better that GM early 90's interiors. But still, priceless truck if you are the driveway mechanic.

Awesome Toy
By rockman on 05/08/07 00:05 AM (PDT)

1992 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Regular Cab K1500 Silverado 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

This is one awseome truck. This truck will go anywhere and the 4 wheel drive system shifts easly. It is a basic, no nonsense 4X4. It rides smooth on the road and tackles the mud and snow with ease. The 5.7, 5 speed still works great and has 226,000 miles on it. You can open the hood and actually see the engine. Brakes work fine and the steering is still tight after all these miles. It does not have all the modern devices like the newer trucks, but it is more dependable. The brush guard and winch are a added feature for a off road hunting and fishing toy and my dog loves to ride.

Nice truck
By Fourwheelin man on 05/31/06 15:13 PM (PDT)

1992 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Regular Cab C1500 Silverado 2dr Regular Cab LB

This truck is awesome. Hauls heavy loads great. Never had any problems with it and it has 131,000 on it. The power of the 5.7L V8 is awesome! Great burnout truck.

'92 Silverado - Reliable Ride
By jim92chev on 05/29/06 17:12 PM (PDT)

1992 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Regular Cab C1500 Silverado 2dr Regular Cab SB

Smooth ride overall, this has been a very reliable truck still runnning on the original drivetrain, having replaced only common wear items like brakes, water pump, alternator, tires, etc. I have driven other brands of trucks friends had, and to me the others dont compare as far as handling, and drivability. The best thing you can do is change the oil and transmission fluid regularly as recommended. And lube front suspension.

Good Ol' Reliable
By stephen Passio on 02/11/06 12:59 PM (PST)

1992 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Regular Cab C1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab LB

I have owned this truck for almost four years now, along with three other vehicles, I cannot tell you how many times I have had to turn to my truck when other vehicles just would not get the job done. for the last three years it has been my work truck, and as much as I have ignored taking care of it, she has never left me standing.

Great Truck
By Ken on 08/29/05 19:00 PM (PDT)

1992 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Regular Cab C1500 Silverado 2dr Regular Cab LB

This truck is great. Hauls with no problem. The power of the 5.7V8 is awesome! Very reliable. Chevy rocks!

Best ever
By legendery1 on 01/11/05 17:08 PM (PST)

1992 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Regular Cab K1500 Silverado 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

This is the best vehicle I have ever owned. After 182,000 miles there have been no major repairs. Transmision still shifts perfect and engine is strong and uses no oil. Great fuel economy and drives great.

Excellent Medium to Light Duty Truck
By YZ250 on 03/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Regular Cab C1500 2dr Regular Cab LB

I have the 4.3L V6 with a 4L60 automatic. The engine has good torque however, it is not especially powerful. Conservative driving typically yields 18-21 mpg on the highway. Towing a maximum load of 7,000 lbs the truck performed pretty well. However, this probably exceeds the tow rating of the 1/2 ton so for heavy towing I would highly recommend an auxiliary trans cooler and a trans temperature gauge. The long bed provides excellent cargo capacity. I have hauled up to 3 motocross bikes and all required tools and gear. Overall this truck has served very well with no major maintenance required so far.