1992 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C/K 1500 Series model:
1992 Chevy 1500
By bubba92 on 09/16/14 12:03 PM (PDT)

1992 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Silverado 2dr Regular Cab SB

I drive a 92 1500 6 cylinder PU. It's an automatic, but I couldn't find the designation above. I bought it new in 1992 and just rolled over 447,000 miles. Can anyone beat that? It has been paid off since 1995. I'm going to be buried in my truck.

'92 Silverado - Reliable Ride
By jim92chev on 05/29/06 17:12 PM (PDT)

1992 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Silverado 2dr Regular Cab SB

Smooth ride overall, this has been a very reliable truck still runnning on the original drivetrain, having replaced only common wear items like brakes, water pump, alternator, tires, etc. I have driven other brands of trucks friends had, and to me the others dont compare as far as handling, and drivability. The best thing you can do is change the oil and transmission fluid regularly as recommended. And lube front suspension.

Silverado
By quixote on 02/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Silverado 2dr Regular Cab SB

Almost 200,000 miles. Kept up maintainance and look for many, many more carefree miles.

Quite A Truck!
By P. Bourque on 08/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Silverado 2dr Regular Cab SB

I've had this truck for 3 years now and I love it. I've had no unusual problems. The original 305 has over 144,000 miles and it still runs perfectly. It doesn't burn a drop of oil or make a single tick. I would drive the truck anywhere without hesitation. All of the truck's accesories still work flawlessly and the paint still shines like new (even after 11 New England winters.