Love this Truck, Am buying a 2nd!
By bootsmcguire on
1990 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Silverado 2dr Regular Cab LB
Mine is a 1990 Silverado, 350 with the 700R4 in the K1500 4x4. Bought it 3 years ago with only 96k miles on it. Only problems have been a bad starter and I need to replace the rear leaf springs as they are shot. However the previous owners towed a camper with it and thats it, so I would say thats the root of the spring issue. I also upgraded the radiator to a 3-core as I felt the single core was just too small and it was not up to the task of towing on 95 degree days. It is comfortable, drives well, pulls well and has been one of my favorites. I am actually going to purchase another 1990 in a C1500 2wd with a 350 and 5spd so I can save the first from junk miles back and forth to work.
Favorite Features
V8 and Manual Trans options are nice. Roomy Cab. Silverado package has nice cloth interior that is holding up very nicely for me.
Suggested Improvements
Rust is an issue especially on the rocker panels. Glove box is odd shaped. Strange Radio system that is had to upgrade. Radiator could have more cores, my single core struggled on 95 degree days.