1990 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Silverado Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Sort Reviews by

Built to good
By chevy man

1990 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Silverado 2dr Regular Cab SB

I have a 1990 silverado 2wd short bed pickup. I paid 3900.00 for it 2 years ago. It had 200,000 miles on it when I bought it. It has the original 350, which has never had any engine work done. I bought this truck to turn it into a hot rod. I am (was) planning on installing a 383 stroker motor, but the original 350 runs so good, it just wont die. I beat the hell out of this truck! It has the 5 speed manual tranny, so I do massive burnouts on a regular basis, and 2 years later, it still runs just as good. These trucks were built rock solid, and made to last. I have not done anything to it except change the oil, and rotate my tires. I would drive it anywhere without worrying about it breaking down. I love it!

Favorite Features

350 engine,5 speed tranny,shortbed,nice sounding factory exhaust.

Suggested Improvements

well,it's to late for that.The truck is now 20 years old,and I plan on driving it for 20 more!

1990 Chevy Silverado hotrod
By Mayberry

1990 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Silverado 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought a 1990 half ton SB (99,000 original miles) with a rebuilt factory 350 (mild cam) and 3.73 gearing. I installed a power chip with 160 thermostat and also installed a K & N filter charger along with flowmaster exhaust plus a Corvette fluid servo in the tranny for lightning fast shifts and WOW! I've got a little hot rod on my hands! I must have hit the right combo cause this truck really screams now. Traction is a problem sometimes even with 29 X 12.50 street Hoosiers. Its always nice to pull up next to a new Mustang GT at the lights or one of those Hemi Dodges and proceed to let them examine my tailgate at a rapid rate. I have sunk 10 times more money in a truck before without this result

Favorite Features

Engine, reliability, looks, stance (lowered 2 inches). All the compliments about the truck's good looks. All factory options. Truck is at home in a show, on the street cruising, or hauling flowers and shrubs for my wife. #1 favorite feature is it's a Chevrolet.

Suggested Improvements

Headliner, I wouldn't use 10 bolt rears, only 12 bolts. Other than that, it is a super beautiful truck.