2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Consumer Review: falling apart shortly after I

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

falling apart shortly after I bought it and continue to
By jazzy1998 on

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought 2005 Chevy Cavalier sedan in fall 2005. Problems started with the driver's seat handle breaking off then the seat would flop back while driving. Chevy's customer service suggested replacing the whole seat. The catalic converter died (was under warranty) an ion sensor went bad. The seats are uncomfortable you can feel anyone's foot movement near the seat .The dash rattles.
The glove compartment handle broke, driver's visor flops, had to replace driver's power window motor and switch this year. Now it wont start not sure what's wrong now. All this on a 5 year old car. Piece of junk.

trunk size and radio

interior is too cheap,better seat handles, thicker seats, better glove compartment handle. Better warranty

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By _only
on 04/08/14 11:18 AM (PDT)

I have owned one of them, for almost 10 years and over 130k miles, and experienced none of these issues, even being as non-careful as I am. I am not going to assume you abuse your interior parts you listed, but... ...then the review just ends with "Now it wont start not sure what's wrong now"... Oookay.

By tacoma7382
on 02/06/13 12:07 PM (PST)

I would have to agree with you. I have never owned one of them thing's but I hear horror stories of these cars. If I had to drive one, I would intentionally crash it but not make it obvious so that I can collect the little it's worth from the insurance...