Let's be honest...
By doug on
2005 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)
...if it weren't for the fantastic rebate, I would not have bought this car. I preferred a Corolla and almost bought a Focus ZX3. But, then the rebates came out. I did some checking and spoke with some co-workers: it got good consumer reviews and owners gave this car praise. It is uncomfortable and difficult to get in and out of. The back seats is only for smaller people. There's very good trunk space considering its size- better than a Pontiac G6! It's fun to drive and has good power and is stable on the highway at high speeds. Minor engine chip problem but dealer was very responsive.
Favorite Features
The rebates- I saved over $6K over MSRP. Had it not been $11k (LS with some added features), I would not have bought it. I should have saved another $1500 and gotten the base model, but the radio and sporty upgrades make it more comfy. Good LS features and upgrades. A good value.
Suggested Improvements
It's already replaced by the Cobalt. I might have held out for the somewhat nicer Cobalt, but at the savings, the Cavalier is well worth the value. Get the manual- it's tight and shifts nice. Reroute seat belt- strap rubs my neck.