2005 Chevrolet Cavalier 2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Boring, But Very Reliable

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Review

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Base Coupe (2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Boring, But Very Reliable
By _only on

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

(not a manual, BTW) I've had my 2005 Cavalier for almost 10 years and 130k miles now. I bought it used from the dealer with 30k miles in 2006, and it's been extremely reliable and dependable ever since. Besides normal obligatory replacement parts like tires and brake pads, the only things I've had to fix/replace were the instrument cluster gauges at 110k miles, and the fuel pump at 125k or so. My struts also are very weak now at over 130k miles and need replacing. Long story short, this car shouldn't give you any issues well over 100k miles, even if you have been bad at oil change maintenance, etc. The engine will be the last of your issues with this car, which is the most important note.

Favorite Features

- Little to no maintenance needed for 100k miles. - Very reliable, tough little engine. - Good on gas, and a quick car.

Suggested Improvements

- This year of all Chevys had faulty stepper motors chosen for install in the instrument cluster - The interior looks like a cheap car from '89. - Bad handling in corners, but it's no race car.