2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Consumer Review: Can't beat it for the money

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Review

Base Coupe (2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Can't beat it for the money
By timothytheroux on

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted a cheap commuter car that was good on gas, cheap to run, and that I would not feel guilty about racking up excessive mileage. I have to say that I have been very pleased with this vehicle, especially when I factor in what I paid for it. Including the rebates and incentives, I got my car out the door for less than $10K w/taxes and fees! For this money, I got a good looking, decent performing vehicle that is maintenace free until 100k miles. I have been very satisfied with the engine and transmission's performance, as they are the same used in the new Cobalt. The interior looks respectable, and is comfortable for an average size person.

2.2 liter engine and Getrag 5-speed transmission are suprisingly fun! Try a Korean car in the same price range and you will see what I mean. It is also very good in the snow!

The stereo speakers distort easily. The tires are cheap. The cup holder placement inteferes w/ the HVAC controls operation.