Used 2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

Purchased used
By owner

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I am 5'1 and the car has no seat raiser which turned me off. Also, the 2003 Malibu's had an automatic shut off for the lights which this car doesn't have for some reason. The driver door locks if you get out of the car and close the door, so you need to make sure you don't leave your keys in the car. Fuel economy is poor but I am slightly biased because I wanted a Toyota Prius which has 55+ mpg. Power window controls are in the center of the car instead of on the door which is hard to get used to. The handling could be a little better, but I just learned to drive so maybe it's me

The air conditioner blows super cold. The speakers, theft system

Move the a/c controls higher up, have a seat raiser standard on the seats, auto off lights, and onstar standard

Family cruiser
By family dude

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My Cavalier gets me and the family everywhere we need to go. In this hectic world, a dependable vehicle means the world to me. I feel confident and safe in my new Chevy!

I love the stereo with info display. It helps me learn who sings my favorite songs.

A little more rear leg room would be nice especially when you are 6 foot 4 and have to put the seat back all the way. The folks in the rear gotta be small!

Excellent
By goshbygollie

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is the most reliable car I have purchased. Great gas milage, good look, rides smooth. Plenty of leg room in back. I recomment this car to anyone who would like a sporty car without the high sticker price. A+++++

Love my Cavalier
By Sharon

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car is one of the best cars I have ever owned. The mileage I get on gas is great. I take trips to NC every 3 months, and I am always comfortable, and feel very secure that my car is going to get me there safe, without any problems. I am proud to drive this little car, actually it fits me perfectly, since I am only 5 ft tall. And the trunk holds plenty of suitcases! I do not regret purchasing this car, and would recommend it to all!

I love my fabric upholstery, and best of all, I love the design of this Cavalier.

I wish though, that it also had a cassette player, even though I have a CD player, cassette also would be great.

Bargain American Car
By Vernon

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Special Value 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

If you're under six foot tall, this is a great USA little car. It has excellent acceleration, very good fuel mileage easy cruising 70 to 90 mph with great handling. This car continues having no troubles what so ever. Furthermore, GM is using good quailty paint which was not the case for my old 87 S-10.

Good fuel mileage, good oil filter location for easy replacement, speaker system, great air conditioner, sporty, easy to wax, great paint, good instrument dash panel.

Add a diesel and hybrid model