2005 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
Thought Chevy's Were Best?
By Macee on 01/05/05 23:49 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My car was a good car up until the past three months. It ran very well and the feul economy was pretty good. But then a squeaking sound started in the front end that the dealership could not figure out what was wrong. Turns out, it was the shocks. Then, I started to hear a grinding sound: rotors are grinding. And now the transmission is slipping at second gear. Now, my dad is a mechanic so it was well maintained. I love my car...it was my first new car. It was my graduation gift from my parents. And until now it was great...but now it's falling apart!

2005 Cavalier LS Sport Coupe
By James Jardine on 01/05/05 20:47 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Very good ride. The engine is smooth with excellent fuel economy and surprising power. The 5 speed manual is excellent. The durability, reliabilty and cost of ownership have been excellent and keep me coming back.

There's nothing wrong with car
By occasional renter on 01/04/05 15:16 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I've seen various reviewers trash the cavalier over the years. I am driving the 2005 and it is a very nice car. it is not as smooth as the Hyndai Elantra, but the Cavalier has a good feel to it. I enjoy driving it. The interior plastic is cheap. It is perfectly acceptable for an economy car.

fun and value
By gary on 01/02/05 10:16 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I ahd a cavalier back in 1999 and came back to it in 2005. the car is really quite well made, fun ti drive and has all the feel of a more expensive sports car with the ls coupe edition. Im afairly big guy, 5'10 240 and the only thing i could ask for is a little more head room. othe than that im thrilled, love driving it and would like to hold on to this one for a while.!

Sporty looks, fun to drive
By Wiccan1 on 01/02/05 05:55 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have only driven the car about 2500 miles so far. It is great looking, great on gas, comfortable, and pretty peppy for a 4 cyl. I took the car on a 1500 mile cross country trip, the only problem I had was from the Highway Patrol.lol

nice car for the money
By douglas lindstrand on 01/01/05 18:53 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I only had this car for a few weeks but I can tell it's a solid little car for the money. IT handles very well and goes thru snow and slush in a sure footed manner. Nice sound system and I just think it's a winner. I paid less than 9,000 dollars for it excluding taxes and it is well equiped with auto, cruise, air, and a CD player-am-fm radio. Best buy I ever made.

Interior Needs Redesign
By Blackwell on 12/29/04 10:31 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Maybe because I'm short-windshield view is very narrow between the top of steering wheel & bottom of sun visor. The elevated position of the wiper is VERY distracting! HATE the steering wheel-instrument panel&ignition are hidden from view-you have to crane your neck to see around it & grope to insert the key. Window controls are too far toward the rear of the console. Front doors do not open far enough for easy entry. Dash lights can't be dimmed to level I find comfortable for night driving. Black XM radio antenna looks like a wart-should match the body color. Noisy inside-not yet sure if noise level is engine noise or road noise from the tires-I may change tires. Poor radio sound adjustment

An excellent car
By Jack on 12/28/04 16:23 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

An excellent car for the $14.5K I paid totally. Many wonderful features. The engine, the transmission, the air condition are great! All these are expensive key parts.

customer
By Cin on 12/20/04 18:19 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

save gas, fast speed. nice color to convience me to buy it. Like to use keyless remote. Like to have back seat to flip down, some room for my skis.

Just purchased the brand new car
By evans on 12/08/04 21:54 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Just purchased this car for 2 weeks. Powerful, quite engine and transmission. Wonderful exterior look. I drove an old Crysler car before. In comparison, this car is not as roomy, especially the space above and in front of driver's head, and feels a little bit light and flying on highway in windy days. In general this car is great!