2005 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
Teen's First Car
By sk8mom5am on 04/02/05 08:27 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We bought our daughter this car because the price with the all the great features far outweighed a late model used car. It is a very loaded car (satellite radio, tail fin, alloy wheels) so it looks updated and she loves it! It has been extremely reliable and we have been very pleased. I will caution that for an adult it may feel a bit tiny, but it gives a solid, peppy drive.

I love it....
By Kelly on 04/01/05 20:55 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Cavalier, and it shows by the way it looks. My friends are surprised at how quick it is, being that Cavaliers have such a bad reputation for being slow, when my car can move quick. Anyone who is looking to purchase a Cavalier, I recommend it. I get almost 28 Miles per gallon. You can't beat that!

excellent car for a reasonable cost
By doug lindstrand on 04/01/05 11:46 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Chevy had a 5000 dollar rebate so I bought this car for under 10,000 dollars out the door tax included. It is very well equiped too. It is fun to drive, excellent power, and it has a quality feel to it. I'm completely satisified and feel this car as as good as any import in this class.

2005 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport
By Gale Camuso on 03/31/05 21:41 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I am very happy with my purchase. This is the 4th Cavalier I have purchased. It helped to have a large rebate on it. It's very sporty (I have been stopped and told it's a nice looking car - very sporty) It came with the mp3 player and satellite system and I am very happy with that as well. Drives very smooth and quiet. I am sorry to hear this is the last year that Chevy is making Cavaliers. I will have to figure out what kind of car is will be buying in 4 years from now. The interior looks like the previous Cavalier RS 1998 I had.

Chevy Cavalier
By Chevrolet Cavalier on 03/05/05 10:21 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Chevy Cavalier. It has been a very reliable form of transportation. I believe the old design has been very effective. The majority of the Cavalier owners have responded positively regarding their cars. I like the manner it performs on the highway and in the city. I believe it rates higher than experts rating scale. Americans need a car like the Chevy Cavalier. I believe it will become an American Icon like the Ford Mustang. I believe that you need to reconsider your evaluation criteria. One important criteria is that the Cavalier is American made with American technology.

2004 Chevy Cavalier
By 2004 Chevy Cavalier on 02/23/05 11:02 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have been a Chevy owner ever since I was able to drive. I have never had a serious problem with any Chevy I've owned. If they have had a problem It's a cheap and easy fix I found I could do myself. My 2004 Cavalier is extremely good on gas. It's really reliable this winter. I haven't slipped while driving and I still only have the stock tires on it...not even winter ones. I handles curves pretty while at higher speeds and brakes quickly. It's small enough to squeeze in and out of city traffic easily but yet large enough to fit 4 adults comfortable. I especially like the trunk... it's alot larger then it looks. It has good pick up when you need to pass also.

Can't beat it for the money
By timothytheroux on 02/01/05 08:54 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted a cheap commuter car that was good on gas, cheap to run, and that I would not feel guilty about racking up excessive mileage. I have to say that I have been very pleased with this vehicle, especially when I factor in what I paid for it. Including the rebates and incentives, I got my car out the door for less than $10K w/taxes and fees! For this money, I got a good looking, decent performing vehicle that is maintenace free until 100k miles. I have been very satisfied with the engine and transmission's performance, as they are the same used in the new Cobalt. The interior looks respectable, and is comfortable for an average size person.

2005 review of Cavalier Sedan
By Reginald on 01/25/05 16:10 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Good for your money. Quite engine. More room than a coupe if you want the extra space. Nice ride. Will have cruise control installed on vehicle for long distance driving. Overall, a good price car for those who want to save on gas/economy.

Go Go Speed Racer
By Melissa on 01/20/05 15:14 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car because I needed something cheap since I'm starting a new job and going back to school. I had very low hopes for the Cavalier but just needed something to get me from point A to B. When I first got the car I dubbed it the "Go-kart" because it was so small. I had no idea this car would be so much fun to drive.

Best Car I've Ever Owned
By Jeffro on 01/12/05 03:19 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I really enjoy this vehicle, I used to live in Missouri where the roads tend to be dangerous when it snows, and I was looking for a vehicle to help get traction, this car does exactly that. Also I love the gas mileage this car gets on highway and city. It drives smoothly, and the seats are so comfortable.