2005 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
my baby
By chrissy on 07/17/05 21:12 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This has been a great car for me and my family. Even with gas prices as high as they are it does not take too much to fill my car. The exterior of the car almost looks like a sports car. Then interior of the car is great. Plenty of room for you and your kids to go away for the week or for the day. I love my car.

STAY AWAY
By JOE A on 07/11/05 15:40 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I recently rented a 2005 Cavalier on vacation and can honestly say it was one of the worst cars I have driven. The car itself was in fine condition with approx 22,000 miles so I cant blame the car's problems on the rental company. Where do I start...lumpy, uncomfortable, poorly contoured seats, bathtub seating position, quirky/non intuitive/poorly marked/dated controls, many squeaks and rattles, unattractive dash/interior, poor material quality, jiggly ride, poor stability control on the freeway. However, gas mileage was good. Overall, if I had to live with this car as a daily driver instead of a rental, I would trade it in. Stay away.

Decent little car
By breakaway on 07/09/05 09:42 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Although it may be out-dated, the Cavalier remains affordable, economical, and a reliable means of transportation. It's competitors may have better quality, but they also have a considerably higher price tag. This car best suits what I need. I fail to see why anyone would want to spend thousands more on bells and whistles that aren't really necessary. To each their own, I guess.

If you can find it, buy it.
By Johnny O. on 06/20/05 08:20 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Special Value 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

There are very few of the Special Value Editions left out there, Chevy has already switched production over to the Cobalt. I wouldn't dream of paying $17,000 for a "nice" Cavalier, but at $10,000 I think the SVE is an excellent buy. The engine and transmission are great, the fuel economy is good, and the interior is OK. Sure, the styling isn't that great, but for that price, who cares? If you need a cheap car, and can find a SVE Cavalier, buy it.

A Great Car
By Rcc702 on 05/05/05 00:02 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Cavalier. I have had it for 6 months and have put over 11,000 miles on it. I use it as a family sedan with my 3 children and it's wonderful. The LS interior is great and isn't showing any wear despite numerous spills. It has more than enough power even when loaded for a trip and the auto transmission is flawless. Fuel economy is astounding on the freeway and exceeds the mileage on the sticker. It doesn't wander at all on the freeway and goes straight down the road. I traded in my Honda Pilot when I got the Cavalier and have not looked back since. This is much more of a driver friendly vehicle than the Honda was and the kids like the seats in the Chevy better anyway.

Tried and True
By comeback on 04/25/05 00:57 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Special Value 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Basic transportation to be sure, but with good economy, a/c, cd, ps & pb and cruise for a low purchase price. I drive +-30K/yr so I'll drive it for 3-4 years or so. Don't worry about getting door dings or scratches, resale will surely be low on this car - but who cares? Yyou didn't have to mortgage the house to buy it. Trade it in on something else when you need to. It will likely be reliable, economical and safe transportation.

Great ride, great price....
By Franco on 04/14/05 16:56 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Special Value 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Nice ride, smooth engine, cheap on gas, nice looking, what else can you ask for? I dont understand why Chevy Cavalier got an early retirement.

My car is GREAT!
By Brandi on 04/12/05 15:18 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love my new car! I bought it brand new, and it's wonderful! I really needed a reliable car to get me back and forth to work and college, and the Cavalier I bought exceeds my expectations. The price was great as well!

A Rocket
By Keith on 04/02/05 12:27 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The Cavalier is sporty and fast for a 4 cylinder and getting over 30 mpg with the price of gas doesn't hurt either. With the manual transmission, it shifts smooth and makes it easy to merge on the highway. So far there haven't been any squeeks or rattles. Over all I give this car a 10! Hats off to Chevy.

I love it!
By elou8271 on 04/02/05 11:49 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Chevy Cavalier. I don't look at other cars anymore and wish I had them! I am 400% completely satisfied with my purchase and if this one should ever run down...many many years from now...I know that I'll be purchasing another Cavalier to replace it!