Used 2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

STAY AWAY
By JOE A

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I recently rented a 2005 Cavalier on vacation and can honestly say it was one of the worst cars I have driven. The car itself was in fine condition with approx 22,000 miles so I cant blame the car's problems on the rental company. Where do I start...lumpy, uncomfortable, poorly contoured seats, bathtub seating position, quirky/non intuitive/poorly marked/dated controls, many squeaks and rattles, unattractive dash/interior, poor material quality, jiggly ride, poor stability control on the freeway. However, gas mileage was good. Overall, if I had to live with this car as a daily driver instead of a rental, I would trade it in. Stay away.

Favorite Features

gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

everything else, it's time has come.

A Great Car
By Rcc702

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Cavalier. I have had it for 6 months and have put over 11,000 miles on it. I use it as a family sedan with my 3 children and it's wonderful. The LS interior is great and isn't showing any wear despite numerous spills. It has more than enough power even when loaded for a trip and the auto transmission is flawless. Fuel economy is astounding on the freeway and exceeds the mileage on the sticker. It doesn't wander at all on the freeway and goes straight down the road. I traded in my Honda Pilot when I got the Cavalier and have not looked back since. This is much more of a driver friendly vehicle than the Honda was and the kids like the seats in the Chevy better anyway.

Favorite Features

Everything!! XM Radio, OnStar, ABS, traction control all work like a charm. This car can go through snow like nothing else. This is the only new car I haven't had any problems with!!

Suggested Improvements

A wagon model.

Teen's First Car
By sk8mom5am

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS Sport 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We bought our daughter this car because the price with the all the great features far outweighed a late model used car. It is a very loaded car (satellite radio, tail fin, alloy wheels) so it looks updated and she loves it! It has been extremely reliable and we have been very pleased. I will caution that for an adult it may feel a bit tiny, but it gives a solid, peppy drive.

Favorite Features

Price, function, features

Suggested Improvements

More interior room

excellent car for a reasonable cost
By doug lindstrand

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Chevy had a 5000 dollar rebate so I bought this car for under 10,000 dollars out the door tax included. It is very well equiped too. It is fun to drive, excellent power, and it has a quality feel to it. I'm completely satisified and feel this car as as good as any import in this class.

Favorite Features

Good power, and fun to drive. It rides nice too.

Suggested Improvements

Better placement of the a.c. and defroster controls.

Chevy Cavalier
By Chevrolet Cavalier

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Chevy Cavalier. It has been a very reliable form of transportation. I believe the old design has been very effective. The majority of the Cavalier owners have responded positively regarding their cars. I like the manner it performs on the highway and in the city. I believe it rates higher than experts rating scale. Americans need a car like the Chevy Cavalier. I believe it will become an American Icon like the Ford Mustang. I believe that you need to reconsider your evaluation criteria. One important criteria is that the Cavalier is American made with American technology.

Favorite Features

My favorite features are the interior and exterior designs. I believe cheap looking features can be misleading. The econo engine is a very efficient and dependable.

Suggested Improvements

The interior of the car needs to be bigger. The oil filter needs to be designed to be removed more easily. General Motors needs to furnish a tool kit that will help the owner remove the oil filter. The owners manuel needs to include in the owners manuel fuel filter replacement intervals.