Used 2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan Consumer Reviews - 45 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

A Good Sedan To Own
By Jabari

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My experiance with this vehicle has been great.It has great fuel economy, nice pick up with the 140 horespower, and is stylish looking.

The 2.2 Eco-Trac engine, 140 horespower, look.

Standard 15 to 16 rims, duel exhaust, a V6 version.

Mom/family car
By Robert&April Wheeler

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love my car for the fact that it has saftey features on it. I wish it would of had side airbags. I now have 18,699 miles on it. We went to the tip of TX, and going down I got 34mpg. By the time we came back, I got 36, not bad. This is my first brand new car and I plan on keeping it untill 100,000 miles. I take very good care of it because I want to know that when I get rid of this car that I gave them a good car. But the thing I like about it that it has been around since 1987 and that a thief can't take my car or stereo and if we were in a wreck all electric is shut off. I am well please with our car. Just can't wait for electric/gas cars.

Safety, and the thumping stereo. The ride, handling, traction control, and running lights

Every car should have side air bags and traction control and they should tell people about not using cruise control when it is raining. Safety should always be first.

my baby
By chrissy

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS Sport 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This has been a great car for me and my family. Even with gas prices as high as they are it does not take too much to fill my car. The exterior of the car almost looks like a sports car. Then interior of the car is great. Plenty of room for you and your kids to go away for the week or for the day. I love my car.

I love the exterior look of the car. And I also like the fact that it has a trunk release button on the inside of the car.

STAY AWAY
By JOE A

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I recently rented a 2005 Cavalier on vacation and can honestly say it was one of the worst cars I have driven. The car itself was in fine condition with approx 22,000 miles so I cant blame the car's problems on the rental company. Where do I start...lumpy, uncomfortable, poorly contoured seats, bathtub seating position, quirky/non intuitive/poorly marked/dated controls, many squeaks and rattles, unattractive dash/interior, poor material quality, jiggly ride, poor stability control on the freeway. However, gas mileage was good. Overall, if I had to live with this car as a daily driver instead of a rental, I would trade it in. Stay away.

gas mileage

everything else, it's time has come.

A Great Car
By Rcc702

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Cavalier. I have had it for 6 months and have put over 11,000 miles on it. I use it as a family sedan with my 3 children and it's wonderful. The LS interior is great and isn't showing any wear despite numerous spills. It has more than enough power even when loaded for a trip and the auto transmission is flawless. Fuel economy is astounding on the freeway and exceeds the mileage on the sticker. It doesn't wander at all on the freeway and goes straight down the road. I traded in my Honda Pilot when I got the Cavalier and have not looked back since. This is much more of a driver friendly vehicle than the Honda was and the kids like the seats in the Chevy better anyway.

Everything!! XM Radio, OnStar, ABS, traction control all work like a charm. This car can go through snow like nothing else. This is the only new car I haven't had any problems with!!

A wagon model.