2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
Can't beat it for the money
By timothytheroux on 02/01/05 08:54 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted a cheap commuter car that was good on gas, cheap to run, and that I would not feel guilty about racking up excessive mileage. I have to say that I have been very pleased with this vehicle, especially when I factor in what I paid for it. Including the rebates and incentives, I got my car out the door for less than $10K w/taxes and fees! For this money, I got a good looking, decent performing vehicle that is maintenace free until 100k miles. I have been very satisfied with the engine and transmission's performance, as they are the same used in the new Cobalt. The interior looks respectable, and is comfortable for an average size person.

Best Car I've Ever Owned
By Jeffro on 01/12/05 03:19 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I really enjoy this vehicle, I used to live in Missouri where the roads tend to be dangerous when it snows, and I was looking for a vehicle to help get traction, this car does exactly that. Also I love the gas mileage this car gets on highway and city. It drives smoothly, and the seats are so comfortable.

Thought Chevy's Were Best?
By Macee on 01/05/05 23:49 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My car was a good car up until the past three months. It ran very well and the feul economy was pretty good. But then a squeaking sound started in the front end that the dealership could not figure out what was wrong. Turns out, it was the shocks. Then, I started to hear a grinding sound: rotors are grinding. And now the transmission is slipping at second gear. Now, my dad is a mechanic so it was well maintained. I love my car...it was my first new car. It was my graduation gift from my parents. And until now it was great...but now it's falling apart!

2005 Cavalier LS Sport Coupe
By James Jardine on 01/05/05 20:47 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Very good ride. The engine is smooth with excellent fuel economy and surprising power. The 5 speed manual is excellent. The durability, reliabilty and cost of ownership have been excellent and keep me coming back.

fun and value
By gary on 01/02/05 10:16 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I ahd a cavalier back in 1999 and came back to it in 2005. the car is really quite well made, fun ti drive and has all the feel of a more expensive sports car with the ls coupe edition. Im afairly big guy, 5'10 240 and the only thing i could ask for is a little more head room. othe than that im thrilled, love driving it and would like to hold on to this one for a while.!

Sporty looks, fun to drive
By Wiccan1 on 01/02/05 05:55 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have only driven the car about 2500 miles so far. It is great looking, great on gas, comfortable, and pretty peppy for a 4 cyl. I took the car on a 1500 mile cross country trip, the only problem I had was from the Highway Patrol.lol

Chevy Cavalier
By JoCar on 11/10/04 12:32 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car took some steep mountains in VA and never fell below 50mph. Incredible for a 4cyl. Averaged 37mpg thru the mountains.

A Great Student Car
By Samantha on 10/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Cavalier. It gets me where I need to be, it's great on fuel (especially with the gas prices these days) and it's small so it's easy to maneuver into small areas.

Saw it. Drove it. Bought it.
By St. Patrick on 10/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Great car. Got premium sound, 16inch alloys, spoiler, sunroof, sport suspen, cruise, AC, chrome exhaust tip, MP3/CD player for base $16,000. "Pro" reviewers shred the Cavalier while at the same time say the Civic is the greatest car since the wheel was invented (BTW I grew up with Hondas). Flat rediculous at best. These reviews of the Cavalier are nonsense. There is no way the Civic will beat this car for the money, or period for that matter. This is a great car. The professional reviewers also complain that the interior has cheap plastic. Why is it that plastic is just fine on the inside of Japanese car or a MINI but is "cheap" in an Amer car?

Excellent car for young, wild drivers
By anusia on 08/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is the best car that I have ever had. It is very comfortable and I really enjoy rididng it. At the time that I bought it, it was the only yellow car that I saw and I took it. I don't regret it and would recommend it for any type of population. If its young or old the car is really perfect for anybody. I wouldn't trade it for any car.