2005 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
Good car for the money
By hotboy71 on 09/06/05 14:29 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased an 2005 Cavalier Coupe 9 months ago. So far, I don't think I have ever driven a 4 cyl car with as much pep and yet still sips gas like this car. Although the cars fit and finish are antiquated, at best, I feel I could have done a lot worse. A buddy of mine just bought an 05 Nissan Sentra SE-R and I would take my Cavalier in a minute over that. You think the materials used on the Cavalier are cheap? Try the Nissan and see what you get! Everything's made of hard, thin plastic. My view of the Cavalier, good car for the money.

Comfortable for the price
By John M on 09/05/05 12:02 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Combine the GM $5K Manufacturers rebate with my $3.5K GM card rebate and discount off sticker, I paid $8k for a car that stickered at $17.3K. Great visibility and ease of parking are the two main features I like combined with GREAT gas mileage at 25 mpg city especially at $3/gallon and it was a great price and timely buy. Surprisingly comfortable for a small car. Time will tell on the reliability of said vehicle but given the price I have no concerns about repair costs

New Lover
By armygirl72 on 09/01/05 11:52 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love the ride. The engine is a little noisy for my taste but the rest of car is self makes up for it.

My value package, soon LS sport coupe!
By raw cavalier on 08/29/05 13:33 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Special Value 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Cavalier about a year ago now and I must say it is very fun to drive and it gets great gas mileage! I have had several problems with the a/c and the check engine light but now that the car is back to being new, well almost anyway, it is great to have. I am planning on adding little performance mods and accessories to make the Cavalier even more stylish than it all ready is. Good car overall and hopefully is will very reliable in the future! Good luck with yours if you get one!

A Good Sedan To Own
By Jabari on 08/29/05 01:24 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My experiance with this vehicle has been great.It has great fuel economy, nice pick up with the 140 horespower, and is stylish looking.

Let's be honest...
By doug on 08/18/05 01:23 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

...if it weren't for the fantastic rebate, I would not have bought this car. I preferred a Corolla and almost bought a Focus ZX3. But, then the rebates came out. I did some checking and spoke with some co-workers: it got good consumer reviews and owners gave this car praise. It is uncomfortable and difficult to get in and out of. The back seats is only for smaller people. There's very good trunk space considering its size- better than a Pontiac G6! It's fun to drive and has good power and is stable on the highway at high speeds. Minor engine chip problem but dealer was very responsive.

Big bang for your hard earned buck
By SEarly on 08/15/05 09:10 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Special Value 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted an efficient commuter car that was good on gas since I drive 64 miles round trip. Cheap to run, so I would not feel guilty about racking up excessive mileage. I have to say that I have been very pleased with this vehicle, especially when I factor in the extras and what I paid for it. I got my car out the door for around $11K w/taxes and fees. Decent performing with very low maintenance cost. I have been very satisfied with the engine and transmission's performance compared to the Honda Civic & Ford Focus with slightly smaller engine C.U.'s

Our Little Puddle Jumper
By sid johnson on 07/30/05 22:12 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Where do I start? We have owned the car since February 2005, purchased new. The reason for purchase was the price of gasoline and a long drive to work. We are getting 32 mpg without A/C and 29 with A/C. The power of the 2.2 Ecotec is incredible. If you need to go, you can go! The stereo is awesome. I really like the fold down rear seats for storage during transportation. Handling is really tight, a very fun car to drive. When doing oil changes, there is no mess with the filter being on top of the engine. Itís kind of nice not having oil running down your forearm for a change. Chevrolet is really pushing the Cobalts, so if you want a good deal, they are darn near giving away Cavaliers.

Accident Review
By Cav Owner on 07/29/05 04:50 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I enjoyed my Cavalier very much when I first bought it, just as any new car owner enjoys their car. It was smooth sailing until I got into an accident where I was T-Boned by a Corolla (a car not much bigger than the Cav). After that, things just went downhill. First of all, it crumbled like a sheet of paper in the accident while the Corolla had only a few scratches on its bumper. Shortly after, my A/C went out, and now it rattles at low speeds. Its a good car until you get some mileage on it.

Mom/family car
By Robert&April Wheeler on 07/27/05 19:56 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love my car for the fact that it has saftey features on it. I wish it would of had side airbags. I now have 18,699 miles on it. We went to the tip of TX, and going down I got 34mpg. By the time we came back, I got 36, not bad. This is my first brand new car and I plan on keeping it untill 100,000 miles. I take very good care of it because I want to know that when I get rid of this car that I gave them a good car. But the thing I like about it that it has been around since 1987 and that a thief can't take my car or stereo and if we were in a wreck all electric is shut off. I am well please with our car. Just can't wait for electric/gas cars.