2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
Accident Review
By Cav Owner on 07/29/05 04:50 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I enjoyed my Cavalier very much when I first bought it, just as any new car owner enjoys their car. It was smooth sailing until I got into an accident where I was T-Boned by a Corolla (a car not much bigger than the Cav). After that, things just went downhill. First of all, it crumbled like a sheet of paper in the accident while the Corolla had only a few scratches on its bumper. Shortly after, my A/C went out, and now it rattles at low speeds. Its a good car until you get some mileage on it.

Decent little car
By breakaway on 07/09/05 09:42 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Although it may be out-dated, the Cavalier remains affordable, economical, and a reliable means of transportation. It's competitors may have better quality, but they also have a considerably higher price tag. This car best suits what I need. I fail to see why anyone would want to spend thousands more on bells and whistles that aren't really necessary. To each their own, I guess.

If you can find it, buy it.
By Johnny O. on 06/20/05 08:20 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Special Value 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

There are very few of the Special Value Editions left out there, Chevy has already switched production over to the Cobalt. I wouldn't dream of paying $17,000 for a "nice" Cavalier, but at $10,000 I think the SVE is an excellent buy. The engine and transmission are great, the fuel economy is good, and the interior is OK. Sure, the styling isn't that great, but for that price, who cares? If you need a cheap car, and can find a SVE Cavalier, buy it.

Tried and True
By comeback on 04/25/05 00:57 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Special Value 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Basic transportation to be sure, but with good economy, a/c, cd, ps & pb and cruise for a low purchase price. I drive +-30K/yr so I'll drive it for 3-4 years or so. Don't worry about getting door dings or scratches, resale will surely be low on this car - but who cares? Yyou didn't have to mortgage the house to buy it. Trade it in on something else when you need to. It will likely be reliable, economical and safe transportation.

Great ride, great price....
By Franco on 04/14/05 16:56 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Special Value 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Nice ride, smooth engine, cheap on gas, nice looking, what else can you ask for? I dont understand why Chevy Cavalier got an early retirement.

My car is GREAT!
By Brandi on 04/12/05 15:18 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love my new car! I bought it brand new, and it's wonderful! I really needed a reliable car to get me back and forth to work and college, and the Cavalier I bought exceeds my expectations. The price was great as well!

A Rocket
By Keith on 04/02/05 12:27 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The Cavalier is sporty and fast for a 4 cylinder and getting over 30 mpg with the price of gas doesn't hurt either. With the manual transmission, it shifts smooth and makes it easy to merge on the highway. So far there haven't been any squeeks or rattles. Over all I give this car a 10! Hats off to Chevy.

I love it!
By elou8271 on 04/02/05 11:49 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Chevy Cavalier. I don't look at other cars anymore and wish I had them! I am 400% completely satisfied with my purchase and if this one should ever run down...many many years from now...I know that I'll be purchasing another Cavalier to replace it!

I love it....
By Kelly on 04/01/05 20:55 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Cavalier, and it shows by the way it looks. My friends are surprised at how quick it is, being that Cavaliers have such a bad reputation for being slow, when my car can move quick. Anyone who is looking to purchase a Cavalier, I recommend it. I get almost 28 Miles per gallon. You can't beat that!

2005 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport
By Gale Camuso on 03/31/05 21:41 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I am very happy with my purchase. This is the 4th Cavalier I have purchased. It helped to have a large rebate on it. It's very sporty (I have been stopped and told it's a nice looking car - very sporty) It came with the mp3 player and satellite system and I am very happy with that as well. Drives very smooth and quiet. I am sorry to hear this is the last year that Chevy is making Cavaliers. I will have to figure out what kind of car is will be buying in 4 years from now. The interior looks like the previous Cavalier RS 1998 I had.