2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
Best car for the money
By jake c on 05/15/06 06:41 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Cavalier about 14 months ago and already have 55,000 miles on it. It has been a great car so far. Most powerful 4 cyl I have ever driven, with better fuel economy than any I have driven. The seats are quite comfy, great stereo system. Doesn’t handle great on curvy roads, but it’s not a sports car. But so far it has been maintenance free. Highly recommended for the price

First Few Months Performance.
By k smith on 12/15/05 15:36 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS Sport 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Driving seat is not comfortable for extended driving, it is too low. The accelerator pedal is too far back and should be moved more in line with the brake. During cold weather the transmission tends to stick in lower gear for the first 2 miles. I would prefer a higher vehicle next time with more roof clearance and the seat higher from the floor. The lights from other traffic are a definite problem due to the low level of this car.

Purchased used
By owner on 11/09/05 20:23 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I am 5'1 and the car has no seat raiser which turned me off. Also, the 2003 Malibu's had an automatic shut off for the lights which this car doesn't have for some reason. The driver door locks if you get out of the car and close the door, so you need to make sure you don't leave your keys in the car. Fuel economy is poor but I am slightly biased because I wanted a Toyota Prius which has 55+ mpg. Power window controls are in the center of the car instead of on the door which is hard to get used to. The handling could be a little better, but I just learned to drive so maybe it's me

Family cruiser
By family dude on 10/13/05 18:55 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My Cavalier gets me and the family everywhere we need to go. In this hectic world, a dependable vehicle means the world to me. I feel confident and safe in my new Chevy!

Love my Cavalier
By Sharon on 09/08/05 20:16 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car is one of the best cars I have ever owned. The mileage I get on gas is great. I take trips to NC every 3 months, and I am always comfortable, and feel very secure that my car is going to get me there safe, without any problems. I am proud to drive this little car, actually it fits me perfectly, since I am only 5 ft tall. And the trunk holds plenty of suitcases! I do not regret purchasing this car, and would recommend it to all!

Comfortable for the price
By John M on 09/05/05 12:02 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Combine the GM $5K Manufacturers rebate with my $3.5K GM card rebate and discount off sticker, I paid $8k for a car that stickered at $17.3K. Great visibility and ease of parking are the two main features I like combined with GREAT gas mileage at 25 mpg city especially at $3/gallon and it was a great price and timely buy. Surprisingly comfortable for a small car. Time will tell on the reliability of said vehicle but given the price I have no concerns about repair costs

New Lover
By armygirl72 on 09/01/05 11:52 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love the ride. The engine is a little noisy for my taste but the rest of car is self makes up for it.

A Good Sedan To Own
By Jabari on 08/29/05 01:24 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My experiance with this vehicle has been great.It has great fuel economy, nice pick up with the 140 horespower, and is stylish looking.

Mom/family car
By Robert&April Wheeler on 07/27/05 19:56 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love my car for the fact that it has saftey features on it. I wish it would of had side airbags. I now have 18,699 miles on it. We went to the tip of TX, and going down I got 34mpg. By the time we came back, I got 36, not bad. This is my first brand new car and I plan on keeping it untill 100,000 miles. I take very good care of it because I want to know that when I get rid of this car that I gave them a good car. But the thing I like about it that it has been around since 1987 and that a thief can't take my car or stereo and if we were in a wreck all electric is shut off. I am well please with our car. Just can't wait for electric/gas cars.

my baby
By chrissy on 07/17/05 21:12 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS Sport 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This has been a great car for me and my family. Even with gas prices as high as they are it does not take too much to fill my car. The exterior of the car almost looks like a sports car. Then interior of the car is great. Plenty of room for you and your kids to go away for the week or for the day. I love my car.