2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
has some issues
By inreno777 on 06/12/13 12:53 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

gas gauge failed at 48,000. horn stopped at 50,000, engine seems strong at 52,000. if you are considering buying one of these used, tell them to replace the instrument panel as this is a big issue with these cars

05 Cavalier
By austin kinser on 09/26/07 15:06 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My Cavalier is awesome! This is a very reliable great car! Plenty of power for me! Bought for 13,000

Best car for the money
By jake c on 05/15/06 06:41 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Cavalier about 14 months ago and already have 55,000 miles on it. It has been a great car so far. Most powerful 4 cyl I have ever driven, with better fuel economy than any I have driven. The seats are quite comfy, great stereo system. Doesn’t handle great on curvy roads, but it’s not a sports car. But so far it has been maintenance free. Highly recommended for the price

Purchased used
By owner on 11/09/05 20:23 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I am 5'1 and the car has no seat raiser which turned me off. Also, the 2003 Malibu's had an automatic shut off for the lights which this car doesn't have for some reason. The driver door locks if you get out of the car and close the door, so you need to make sure you don't leave your keys in the car. Fuel economy is poor but I am slightly biased because I wanted a Toyota Prius which has 55+ mpg. Power window controls are in the center of the car instead of on the door which is hard to get used to. The handling could be a little better, but I just learned to drive so maybe it's me

Love my Cavalier
By Sharon on 09/08/05 20:16 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car is one of the best cars I have ever owned. The mileage I get on gas is great. I take trips to NC every 3 months, and I am always comfortable, and feel very secure that my car is going to get me there safe, without any problems. I am proud to drive this little car, actually it fits me perfectly, since I am only 5 ft tall. And the trunk holds plenty of suitcases! I do not regret purchasing this car, and would recommend it to all!

New Lover
By armygirl72 on 09/01/05 11:52 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love the ride. The engine is a little noisy for my taste but the rest of car is self makes up for it.

Mom/family car
By Robert&April Wheeler on 07/27/05 19:56 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love my car for the fact that it has saftey features on it. I wish it would of had side airbags. I now have 18,699 miles on it. We went to the tip of TX, and going down I got 34mpg. By the time we came back, I got 36, not bad. This is my first brand new car and I plan on keeping it untill 100,000 miles. I take very good care of it because I want to know that when I get rid of this car that I gave them a good car. But the thing I like about it that it has been around since 1987 and that a thief can't take my car or stereo and if we were in a wreck all electric is shut off. I am well please with our car. Just can't wait for electric/gas cars.

A Great Car
By Rcc702 on 05/05/05 00:02 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Cavalier. I have had it for 6 months and have put over 11,000 miles on it. I use it as a family sedan with my 3 children and it's wonderful. The LS interior is great and isn't showing any wear despite numerous spills. It has more than enough power even when loaded for a trip and the auto transmission is flawless. Fuel economy is astounding on the freeway and exceeds the mileage on the sticker. It doesn't wander at all on the freeway and goes straight down the road. I traded in my Honda Pilot when I got the Cavalier and have not looked back since. This is much more of a driver friendly vehicle than the Honda was and the kids like the seats in the Chevy better anyway.

Go Go Speed Racer
By Melissa on 01/20/05 15:14 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car because I needed something cheap since I'm starting a new job and going back to school. I had very low hopes for the Cavalier but just needed something to get me from point A to B. When I first got the car I dubbed it the "Go-kart" because it was so small. I had no idea this car would be so much fun to drive.

There's nothing wrong with car
By occasional renter on 01/04/05 15:16 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I've seen various reviewers trash the cavalier over the years. I am driving the 2005 and it is a very nice car. it is not as smooth as the Hyndai Elantra, but the Cavalier has a good feel to it. I enjoy driving it. The interior plastic is cheap. It is perfectly acceptable for an economy car.