Used 2005 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

Outstanding
By Santiago

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS Sport 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The 2005 Chevy Cavalier was a blessing for our daughter. I enjoy driving and using the car to run errands. It handles very well and the brakes are very dependable. The price I paid for this car was $5150. Not bad for a very economical vehicle for our daughter. By saving on the fuel, this will help us put our daughter through college.

Favorite Features

The way it handles while driving and it being very economical.

Suggested Improvements

None.

First Few Months Performance.
By k smith

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS Sport 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Driving seat is not comfortable for extended driving, it is too low. The accelerator pedal is too far back and should be moved more in line with the brake. During cold weather the transmission tends to stick in lower gear for the first 2 miles. I would prefer a higher vehicle next time with more roof clearance and the seat higher from the floor. The lights from other traffic are a definite problem due to the low level of this car.

Favorite Features

Was one of the few cars available for sale at the dealers. The remainder were heavy duty trucks.

Suggested Improvements

The door locks should auto lock on starting. The mirrors should tilt back on selecting reverse. There are suspension noises that should be removed.

my baby
By chrissy

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS Sport 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This has been a great car for me and my family. Even with gas prices as high as they are it does not take too much to fill my car. The exterior of the car almost looks like a sports car. Then interior of the car is great. Plenty of room for you and your kids to go away for the week or for the day. I love my car.

Favorite Features

I love the exterior look of the car. And I also like the fact that it has a trunk release button on the inside of the car.

Teen's First Car
By sk8mom5am

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS Sport 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We bought our daughter this car because the price with the all the great features far outweighed a late model used car. It is a very loaded car (satellite radio, tail fin, alloy wheels) so it looks updated and she loves it! It has been extremely reliable and we have been very pleased. I will caution that for an adult it may feel a bit tiny, but it gives a solid, peppy drive.

Favorite Features

Price, function, features

Suggested Improvements

More interior room

customer
By Cin

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS Sport 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

save gas, fast speed. nice color to convience me to buy it. Like to use keyless remote. Like to have back seat to flip down, some room for my skis.

Favorite Features

arrival laser blue color with spolier

Suggested Improvements

need more legs room in the backseat.