Used 2005 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

Best car ever owned
By Love my Cavy

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my manual 2005 LS cavalier in 2006 with only 10k miles on it. I now have almost 96k on it and its still running great! I love this car. Over the 4 years that i have owned my car, i have only had 1 major problem and that is the clutch cable went out 2 times. Other than that, this is the most reliable vehicle that i have owned. Nothing wrong with the engine after all of the long trips and miles this car has went through. No complaints here. The cavalier is still mechanically wonderful, easy on gas with avg of 32mpg for me, reasonably comfortable, the AC/Heat are great,keyless entry, sunroof, and great factory sound system! I love this car and would recommend it to anyone.

Favorite Features

The AC cools quickly in the summer even after 5 years of its life and heats up quickly in the winter. The factory sound system sounds is amazing! The backseat is spaciious. Its a great economical car for commuters who travel a distance.

It's orange
By John

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The only problem I've had so far is the the wheel speed sensor went bad, around $100 to fix. The car is quick for a 4 cyl, it has some cool features such as XM radio, and is fun to drive. The only thing I don't like is the color, which is orange, my own fault.

Favorite Features

XM radio, sunroof, what else do you want?

Suggested Improvements

wheels that don't corrode so quickly.

Great car, no problems
By brnwrng

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have had no problems to date with the car and it gets great gas mileage. I wish I had the 5 speed version but the auto was still good. The car is responsive and handles great.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage and price

Suggested Improvements

Interior styling is plain

Let's be honest...
By doug

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

...if it weren't for the fantastic rebate, I would not have bought this car. I preferred a Corolla and almost bought a Focus ZX3. But, then the rebates came out. I did some checking and spoke with some co-workers: it got good consumer reviews and owners gave this car praise. It is uncomfortable and difficult to get in and out of. The back seats is only for smaller people. There's very good trunk space considering its size- better than a Pontiac G6! It's fun to drive and has good power and is stable on the highway at high speeds. Minor engine chip problem but dealer was very responsive.

Favorite Features

The rebates- I saved over $6K over MSRP. Had it not been $11k (LS with some added features), I would not have bought it. I should have saved another $1500 and gotten the base model, but the radio and sporty upgrades make it more comfy. Good LS features and upgrades. A good value.

Suggested Improvements

It's already replaced by the Cobalt. I might have held out for the somewhat nicer Cobalt, but at the savings, the Cavalier is well worth the value. Get the manual- it's tight and shifts nice. Reroute seat belt- strap rubs my neck.

Our Little Puddle Jumper
By sid johnson

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Where do I start? We have owned the car since February 2005, purchased new. The reason for purchase was the price of gasoline and a long drive to work. We are getting 32 mpg without A/C and 29 with A/C. The power of the 2.2 Ecotec is incredible. If you need to go, you can go! The stereo is awesome. I really like the fold down rear seats for storage during transportation. Handling is really tight, a very fun car to drive. When doing oil changes, there is no mess with the filter being on top of the engine. Itís kind of nice not having oil running down your forearm for a change. Chevrolet is really pushing the Cobalts, so if you want a good deal, they are darn near giving away Cavaliers.

Favorite Features

2.2 Ecotec power, 32MPG, stereo, handling, price! After you tint the windows, it's pretty sharp too!

Suggested Improvements

It's kind of noisy.