2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
Decent car
By hickery88 on 05/03/09 12:17 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

As a mechanic myself, I find that is great car small, and maneuverable. For the size it is quite roomy. For the exterior there are not many modifications other then ground effects, as for the engine, limitless like any other Chevy model. As for build quality is ok for the price, but any do it your selfer can easily fix. A quite and smooth ride with great gas mileage. I drove mine home when I went on leave from Virginia to Texas a 22 hour drive under $100. The only trouble I had was my windshield wiper broke during heavy rain. And the headlights were not very bright.

Not the best
By HBB on 11/18/08 15:36 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I was given this car as my first car. The design is very sporty but the interior is out dated. It gets great gas mileage and is a good starter car. It is very small! Although it only has 30,000 miles on it, it sometimes kills and doesn't want to start.

My 2005 Cavalier
By LBC on 11/11/08 17:28 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My father bought me this Cavalier used with almost 80,000 miles in May of 2008. There is about 83,000 miles on it now and it's been pretty awesome so far. My father bought this car with a crack in the exhaust manifold. Not a big deal but can be very annoying and embarassing sounding when she first starts up. Overall I really love driving this car. It's a great upgrade from the 1998 base model Cavalier I had before this one.

Sport Coupe = Awesome
By Paul on 08/13/08 14:53 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my Cavalier for about one year now. The only maitenance issue I have had is a broken clutch master cylinder. Other than that this car has been great. Also, it averages about 30 mpg (and that's mostly city driving). The 2.2L Ecotec coupled with the 5-Speed transmission makes driving this car a blast!

Fun to drive
By rkenn00 on 06/11/07 14:33 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Great get up and go for the gas mileage. The sport coupe has very good looks. Very good sound system. Have had only one minor problem with the clutch. Love to drive it.

Hot Chevy Cavalier
By John - Erie,Pa on 01/22/07 10:53 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car has been very fun to drive from when I got it in Dec 6 2004. It was the last fully loaded model Ls sport and I love this car. Great gas mileage and very sporty and upgradable if you are into that stuff. The 2.2L Ecotec engine is the best engine in this Cavalier, and I owned 3 Cavaliers.

Excellent
By goshbygollie on 09/14/05 10:31 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is the most reliable car I have purchased. Great gas milage, good look, rides smooth. Plenty of leg room in back. I recomment this car to anyone who would like a sporty car without the high sticker price. A+++++

Accident Review
By Cav Owner on 07/29/05 04:50 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I enjoyed my Cavalier very much when I first bought it, just as any new car owner enjoys their car. It was smooth sailing until I got into an accident where I was T-Boned by a Corolla (a car not much bigger than the Cav). After that, things just went downhill. First of all, it crumbled like a sheet of paper in the accident while the Corolla had only a few scratches on its bumper. Shortly after, my A/C went out, and now it rattles at low speeds. Its a good car until you get some mileage on it.

My car is GREAT!
By Brandi on 04/12/05 15:18 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love my new car! I bought it brand new, and it's wonderful! I really needed a reliable car to get me back and forth to work and college, and the Cavalier I bought exceeds my expectations. The price was great as well!

A Rocket
By Keith on 04/02/05 12:27 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The Cavalier is sporty and fast for a 4 cylinder and getting over 30 mpg with the price of gas doesn't hurt either. With the manual transmission, it shifts smooth and makes it easy to merge on the highway. So far there haven't been any squeeks or rattles. Over all I give this car a 10! Hats off to Chevy.