2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
Best car ever owned
By Love my Cavy on 12/04/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my manual 2005 LS cavalier in 2006 with only 10k miles on it. I now have almost 96k on it and its still running great! I love this car. Over the 4 years that i have owned my car, i have only had 1 major problem and that is the clutch cable went out 2 times. Other than that, this is the most reliable vehicle that i have owned. Nothing wrong with the engine after all of the long trips and miles this car has went through. No complaints here. The cavalier is still mechanically wonderful, easy on gas with avg of 32mpg for me, reasonably comfortable, the AC/Heat are great,keyless entry, sunroof, and great factory sound system! I love this car and would recommend it to anyone.

It's orange
By John on 06/01/09 23:08 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The only problem I've had so far is the the wheel speed sensor went bad, around $100 to fix. The car is quick for a 4 cyl, it has some cool features such as XM radio, and is fun to drive. The only thing I don't like is the color, which is orange, my own fault.

Great car, no problems
By brnwrng on 02/02/09 07:49 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have had no problems to date with the car and it gets great gas mileage. I wish I had the 5 speed version but the auto was still good. The car is responsive and handles great.

Let's be honest...
By doug on 08/18/05 01:23 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

...if it weren't for the fantastic rebate, I would not have bought this car. I preferred a Corolla and almost bought a Focus ZX3. But, then the rebates came out. I did some checking and spoke with some co-workers: it got good consumer reviews and owners gave this car praise. It is uncomfortable and difficult to get in and out of. The back seats is only for smaller people. There's very good trunk space considering its size- better than a Pontiac G6! It's fun to drive and has good power and is stable on the highway at high speeds. Minor engine chip problem but dealer was very responsive.

Our Little Puddle Jumper
By sid johnson on 07/30/05 22:12 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Where do I start? We have owned the car since February 2005, purchased new. The reason for purchase was the price of gasoline and a long drive to work. We are getting 32 mpg without A/C and 29 with A/C. The power of the 2.2 Ecotec is incredible. If you need to go, you can go! The stereo is awesome. I really like the fold down rear seats for storage during transportation. Handling is really tight, a very fun car to drive. When doing oil changes, there is no mess with the filter being on top of the engine. Itís kind of nice not having oil running down your forearm for a change. Chevrolet is really pushing the Cobalts, so if you want a good deal, they are darn near giving away Cavaliers.

I love it!
By elou8271 on 04/02/05 11:49 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Chevy Cavalier. I don't look at other cars anymore and wish I had them! I am 400% completely satisfied with my purchase and if this one should ever run down...many many years from now...I know that I'll be purchasing another Cavalier to replace it!

Best Car I've Ever Owned
By Jeffro on 01/12/05 03:19 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I really enjoy this vehicle, I used to live in Missouri where the roads tend to be dangerous when it snows, and I was looking for a vehicle to help get traction, this car does exactly that. Also I love the gas mileage this car gets on highway and city. It drives smoothly, and the seats are so comfortable.