2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
Great Cavalier
By asdf on 07/11/08 08:17 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Special Value 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love my cavalier. good commuter car and great car in general. I paid about $9000 out the door brand new on this car and it's worth every penny.

Love it and fun to drive
By Cavfav on 04/26/07 06:12 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Special Value 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is my third car and my first one bought new. Bought it mainly because of the price tag, but love it more everyday I drive it. I did get keyless entry and a sound system installed on it. So it is enough for my everyday driving. Do my own oil change and have not had a problem with this car.

Bargain American Car
By Vernon on 09/06/05 23:06 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Special Value 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

If you're under six foot tall, this is a great USA little car. It has excellent acceleration, very good fuel mileage easy cruising 70 to 90 mph with great handling. This car continues having no troubles what so ever. Furthermore, GM is using good quailty paint which was not the case for my old 87 S-10.

My value package, soon LS sport coupe!
By raw cavalier on 08/29/05 13:33 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Special Value 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Cavalier about a year ago now and I must say it is very fun to drive and it gets great gas mileage! I have had several problems with the a/c and the check engine light but now that the car is back to being new, well almost anyway, it is great to have. I am planning on adding little performance mods and accessories to make the Cavalier even more stylish than it all ready is. Good car overall and hopefully is will very reliable in the future! Good luck with yours if you get one!

Big bang for your hard earned buck
By SEarly on 08/15/05 09:10 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Special Value 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted an efficient commuter car that was good on gas since I drive 64 miles round trip. Cheap to run, so I would not feel guilty about racking up excessive mileage. I have to say that I have been very pleased with this vehicle, especially when I factor in the extras and what I paid for it. I got my car out the door for around $11K w/taxes and fees. Decent performing with very low maintenance cost. I have been very satisfied with the engine and transmission's performance compared to the Honda Civic & Ford Focus with slightly smaller engine C.U.'s

If you can find it, buy it.
By Johnny O. on 06/20/05 08:20 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Special Value 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

There are very few of the Special Value Editions left out there, Chevy has already switched production over to the Cobalt. I wouldn't dream of paying $17,000 for a "nice" Cavalier, but at $10,000 I think the SVE is an excellent buy. The engine and transmission are great, the fuel economy is good, and the interior is OK. Sure, the styling isn't that great, but for that price, who cares? If you need a cheap car, and can find a SVE Cavalier, buy it.

Tried and True
By comeback on 04/25/05 00:57 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Special Value 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Basic transportation to be sure, but with good economy, a/c, cd, ps & pb and cruise for a low purchase price. I drive +-30K/yr so I'll drive it for 3-4 years or so. Don't worry about getting door dings or scratches, resale will surely be low on this car - but who cares? Yyou didn't have to mortgage the house to buy it. Trade it in on something else when you need to. It will likely be reliable, economical and safe transportation.

Great ride, great price....
By Franco on 04/14/05 16:56 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Special Value 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Nice ride, smooth engine, cheap on gas, nice looking, what else can you ask for? I dont understand why Chevy Cavalier got an early retirement.

matts review
By mattdude on 06/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Special Value 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Very good car, i would suggest to buy it.