Used 2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Special Value Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

Great Cavalier
By asdf

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Special Value 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love my cavalier. good commuter car and great car in general. I paid about $9000 out the door brand new on this car and it's worth every penny.

Love it and fun to drive
By Cavfav

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Special Value 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is my third car and my first one bought new. Bought it mainly because of the price tag, but love it more everyday I drive it. I did get keyless entry and a sound system installed on it. So it is enough for my everyday driving. Do my own oil change and have not had a problem with this car.

A/C and CD player. Basically all you really need for an everyday commute

Update the panels and seats, but for the price, it still worth every penny

Bargain American Car
By Vernon

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Special Value 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

If you're under six foot tall, this is a great USA little car. It has excellent acceleration, very good fuel mileage easy cruising 70 to 90 mph with great handling. This car continues having no troubles what so ever. Furthermore, GM is using good quailty paint which was not the case for my old 87 S-10.

Good fuel mileage, good oil filter location for easy replacement, speaker system, great air conditioner, sporty, easy to wax, great paint, good instrument dash panel.

Add a diesel and hybrid model

My value package, soon LS sport coupe!
By raw cavalier

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Special Value 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Cavalier about a year ago now and I must say it is very fun to drive and it gets great gas mileage! I have had several problems with the a/c and the check engine light but now that the car is back to being new, well almost anyway, it is great to have. I am planning on adding little performance mods and accessories to make the Cavalier even more stylish than it all ready is. Good car overall and hopefully is will very reliable in the future! Good luck with yours if you get one!

The five speed manual transmission is rather fast, and the gas mileage is excellent!

I believe the styling of the rear tail lights was more impressive on the older Cavaliers, around 95-02. The tail lights on the newer Cavaliers is rather big for the car and doesn't really seem to serve any purpose!

Big bang for your hard earned buck
By SEarly

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Special Value 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted an efficient commuter car that was good on gas since I drive 64 miles round trip. Cheap to run, so I would not feel guilty about racking up excessive mileage. I have to say that I have been very pleased with this vehicle, especially when I factor in the extras and what I paid for it. I got my car out the door for around $11K w/taxes and fees. Decent performing with very low maintenance cost. I have been very satisfied with the engine and transmission's performance compared to the Honda Civic & Ford Focus with slightly smaller engine C.U.'s

Have the driver's seats with additional adjustment feature where they can be lowered.