Would be good
By Jon Smith on
2004 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)
Would be good but the car just keeps having problems, IAT, HUBS go out, Slave cylinders go out multiple times and then contaminate the clutch but That problem starts with the master cylinder which is usually repaired wrong at dealers for cost cutting-they replace the slave not the master cylinder. almost cost my life in an accident! Trans went out, Radio went out twice the replaced one was remanufactured, not NEW under warranty. speakers go out, throttle cable rusted and would make the throttle stick or not move-thus no driving or very high revs. The car would be great if GM wasn't so Cheap! and that intake manifold design is crap.
Favorite Features
The engine is all Aluminum DOHC Chain driven, and good HP and TQ good shifting. of course thats all taken from Toyota so Gm doesn't really get the props on this. I'm a mechanic with a degree in AMT so, YES I do know what i'm talking about.
Suggested Improvements
Bad with the internal slave cylinders and dealers/gm repairs-I was driving in snow-which has NEVER been a problem and I had good tires, the Slave goes out and I start to fishtail, slam into the median-this was just 8 months after a repair of the slave cyl.Intake manifold bad design,swoops under.