My first Car
By cjbridges on
2004 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)
I'm 16 years old and this is my first car, We bought it with 77k miles on it and it now has 80k, The only repairs we had to do were basic things like replacing the fluids, oil filter, oil, and a new battery, but other than that its had no major problems. The paint is rather cheap and chips easily, and the interiors plastic is cheap and the fabric is thin, however if you take car of it everything shouldn't crap out on you. My dash cracked and my engine light comes on when there is no problem, the car can be noisy at times, and my CD player broke, but I have to say there are no major problems. I like the sleek sporty design of the car.
Favorite Features
Stereo system is actually decent and sounds good even cranked up pretty high, when im in the street i can hear it in my house, pretty clearly. I like the sleek design of it, it looks really sporty. The engine is decent for a 4 banger. I like the interior, personally i think its comfortable, but i dont think its very comfortable for others. i think the A/C works great, its powerful and effective, however noisy. I love the simple interior.
Suggested Improvements
The fabric and plastic of the interior is cheap, and so its the paint on the exterior. The CD player broke really quickly, and the glovebox is awkward. The seats arent comfortable for passengers. The engine is nice for a 4 cyclinder car, but doesnt quite deliver the desired power. The fact that the check engine light comes on if there is dirt in the wrong space or if the gas cap isnt on right is annoying.