Great Value
By Cavalier9 on
2004 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)
Bought my Cavalier in 4/04. It is fully loaded with a 5 speed (a must have). Had a $4,000 rebate from GM when it was purchased. Got it for around $14,500 brand new! Have almost 100,000 miles on it. I have a long commute everday to work, and this car has taken it in stride. The only things I have had to replace on this car was a idle control sensor (within the first month after I bought the vehicle), front brake pads (just once), and I just bought my third set of tires. Thats all--I have not even had the rotors turned on this car--I can't believe it. Does suprisingly well in the snow. If you are looking for a great/affordable car--this should without a doubt be your choice.
Favorite Features
Gas mileage--it is never less than 30MPG and I don't go easy with it. I read another review that said they get around 20--I'd check again. I would recommend the 5 speed and sunroof. Car is styled very well considering the type of vehicle it is. Not a lot of frills, but you get a lot of bang for your buck
Suggested Improvements
Seats are not comfortable and are rough on long trips. Not back friendly at all. Cup holders are right in front of the vent and temp controls. Oil filter is difficult to get to. Hopefully all of these weaknesses were addressed when the Cobalt replaced the Cavalier.