Excellent Value!!!
By rtoumbs on
2004 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)
This is the 3rd Cavalier I have purchased in the last seven years. I have spent almost nothing on maintenance. I totaled the first one in a head on collision and walked away without a scratch. The 2nd one is now being driven by my 15 year old son and I just bought a new 2004 LS Sedan. None of the compacts I looked at came close with regards to engine power, standard features, and price. I will hold on to this Cavalier until they bring back the model name in 2016 or whenever Chevy comes to their senses. This car makes the daily-recalled Ford Focus look like a joke!!!
Favorite Features
Power windows, power locks, 140 HP 2.2 liter engine, five cupholders, anti- lock brakes, split folding rear seat, CD player with 6 speakers - ALL STANDARD!!!
Suggested Improvements
In an effort to increase side impact safety, Chevy has added a ton of foam to the side head beams on both sides of the car. This is somewhat awkward if you are over 5'10". Kinda uncomfortable if you are doing a lot of city driving causing you to turn your head a lot to the left.