2004 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
Nice Little Car
By REMICH on 04/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Special Value 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The Cavalier is a lot of car for the money. Plenty of power and torque, handles well and gets good gas mileage even at 75 mph. The style should be updated though. The chassis is pretty solid, but I have an annoying squeak in the front suspension that they only seem able to fix for about 2000 miles at a time. The manual 5 speed takes some hunting for gears and even after 10,000 miles I still get the wrong gear sometimes. All in all though, it's well worth the $10,700 I paid for it.

I was fooled by his car
By cerveros24 on 03/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I buy this car because my Toyota Tercel was stolen, but in comparison with this car, the Cavalier is an incredible gass drinking machine. $20.00 dollars a per week in comparison with $12.00 of the tercel. Also I went with this car to service 3 times, because the rear lights suddenly burns out, and the dealer only tells me that they will keep changing the bulbs since this is a normal behaivor. Not to mention the cheezy, cheapy interiors. I am very dissapointed

VERY PLEASED CUSTOMER
By johnboy511949 on 03/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I HAVE THOUGHT ABOUT BUYING THIS CAR FOR SEVERAL YRS AND AFTER PURCHASING IT IT HAS SURPASSED ALL MY EXPECTATIONS AND SO HAS THE SELLING DEALER.

smooth ride
By Kristi Stanley on 03/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The vehicle that i purchased on nov. 24 in the year of 2003 has been one of the best rides i have ever had the chance to experience. My car glides with the road. Making my ride an ejoyable experience, in which makes me want to drive even more. Its the standard package of this make, but well worth its cost. This time this make of car has lived up to the test.

Cavalier
By realtoir on 03/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I don't agree with the negative consumer reports review on this vehicle. We helped our son get a 2003 Cavalier with 16 alloy wheels, power windows, doors, keyless entry and great sound system- It is sleek looking, great on gas mileage, and the engine ((the only thing reviewed positively) is fun to drive.

cavaliers rock!!!!!
By pt13gt on 03/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I'm sorry edmunds thinks this is an outdated platform but its a lot better car than my son's focus and my sister's lancer! for the money I love my cavalier and an sorry to see it be the last year for them.

Wonderful!
By Catherine Spahn on 03/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car. It is fun, chic and very sporty. The radio is great, great system, and the interior is very confortable to sit in, even for a long period if time.

Great Car
By houtcbs on 03/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is a reliable, tough, fun to drive little car. I bought it as work car as I rack up a lot of miles but now find myself driving it all the time. It is a joy to drive, very forgiving and hugs the road like vehicles priced much higher. In short, this car has provided the best value for my money from any car I have purchased. You want affordable and fun? Test drive a Cavalier.

I LOVE THIS CAR!
By judymay on 03/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is such a fun car to drive.I don't think it is cheap looking inside or out.It handles well on curves and easily keeps up with interstate traffic.For under 20 grand I think it is a good buy.I love the bright yellow,it really stands out and looks sporty without the sports car price !It beats the grandma toyota that my dad wanted me to buy! I plan on keeping this car for a long time and will buy another one when the time comes.

CAVALIER is one of the BEST COMPACTS!!
By carlvr1 on 02/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Special Value 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have had 45 different cars in the past. I drive my personal car for a living and can tell you that I have actually OWNED (not just test-driven) almost every car in this class! Just look at the Cavalier's POWER, PRICE and GAS MILEAGE and compare it to any car in this class. Is the platform dated (aka-RELIABLE)-YES. Also, I read that the 5-Speed is not very good. WHAT?? The 5-Speed Transmission is a GETRAG "Made in Italy" 5-Speed and is easily as good as the Honda 5-Speed Transmission I had in my Insight.