2004 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
Loving My New Car
By Jon on 06/28/05 19:56 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The car as a whole is great and I am very satisfied. The car has great pickup and looks really good, especially after it's been waxed out here in the desert sun. My only complaint is rattling I hear coming from the center console during normal driving. Pressing my leg against it while driving helps, but it's not a good solution to the problem.

Nice little car for the money
By Darrell Hovermale on 05/14/05 19:00 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We bought the car,an LS sedan, in March 2004 for $12K. GM had $4k in factory rebates, and the dealer discounted as well. We purchased for primarily as a commuter car, but like it so well, we have taken it on trips and vacation. So far very reliable. Love the strong Ecotec engine, and smooth shifting automatic. If the car continues to do well, I'm back in the GM family. Only complaints are minor: like the lousy design of the cup holders blocking HVAC controls. Seats could be more supportive. Other than that. Very satisfied with the car.

Great bang for the buck
By darrell hovermale on 02/08/05 19:30 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car for a short commute to work, however I have taken it on vacation, and it performed quite well. Sometimes I think the high- falutin car critics,are just a bit too critical of American cars. My Cavalier is reliable, peppy, and a good looking car. I'm happy with it, and I don't care what anyone else says. My next vehicle will probably be a Chevrolet.

2004 5 Speed Coupe
By Rickey on 01/02/05 09:26 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Awesome engine and trans. The base Civic 5 speed I tested had anemic acceleration compared to the base Cavalier. The Cavalier sticks to the road very well with an acceptable ride quality. The BASE stereo with CD rocks! I also own a '93 Cavalier 4 door with 223,000 miles which is still very dependable(only unscheduled maint.was a set of fuel injectors), and another '04 Cavalier this is my wife's car which is an automatic with 24,000 trouble free miles. My "other car" is a '96 Caprice with 178,000 miles. I am very impressed by the amount of car Chevrolet offers for $10k. Based on the price, mileage, and reliability I have received I can personally say the imports don't impress me at all.

Best car for the money!!
By Ken Paulson on 12/29/04 05:29 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Best car I have owned to date, very reliable! Can't wait to drive it again!!

WORTH IT
By LIZ on 12/28/04 11:36 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

FUN TO DRIVE,VERY FUEL EFFICIENT...HANDLES THE CURVES VERY EASY.THE CAR COMES WITH A LOT OF FEATURES THAT MOST CARS WOULD CHARGE EXTRA FOR...EVEN THOUGH I OWN THE MOST BASIC MODEL AND I DO NOT HAVE POWER LOCKS OR WINDOWS

Good Decision
By Diane on 12/06/04 15:58 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My husband and I just bought the car earlier this month but we researched it a lot prior to buying it and test drove many cars before making our decision. So far I am really enjoying it and we are very pleased with it.

Nice little car
By Darrell Hovermale on 12/04/04 09:29 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier Special Value 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car in Feb. 04, primarily for a commuter car. So far it has been very reliable. It just has a likeability. Also the $4,000 rebate GM was offering at that time influenced my decision to purchase. Our other car is a 2000 Honda Civic that my wife drives. It's also a great little car, but I prefer to drive the Chevy.

Stay out of the wind
By rhendryx on 11/30/04 15:31 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the 2004 Cavalier strictly as an economical "drive to work" car. I liked the low price with the rebates and the looks aren't bad. However, when on the highway if there is any cross wind you can't keep it on the road. It will change lanes by itself if you don't pay close attention. Also, what 1950's design engineer came up with the bright idea of using a cartridge oil filter instead of the spin on type? I can see why the 2005 model is the last year for Cavalier.

Good Car
By Jeff Grant on 10/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car was a great price, it's reliable, dependable and is just what I needed for a college freshman son.