2004 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
Bang for your buck
By Ben SaintOnge on 05/10/07 07:22 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Sporty looking, good car for a cheap price. Cheap and easy to maintain. Sound system is nice with Mp3 and XM. Slave cylinder went at 45,000k, but pretty good overall. Tops out at 107, so it's pretty fast

My '04 Cavi
By jmock on 01/20/07 09:50 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This hasn't been too bad of a car. Although, I dont think I get the mileage others do. The best I have gotten is 29 mpg on the interstate. I have had it in the shop 5 times for front end noise in less than a year. But I like the style, and for a 2.2 it has decent power.

2004 Coupe Auto
By TIM on 01/10/07 17:24 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is the third Cavalier we've had in the family. It is a great car, economical, comfortable, with all the features I need. You can buy them at a great price, too. So far, like my other Cavaliers, this one has been reliable and has returned a steady 31 MPG driving about 70% highway miles. Too bad Chevy doesn't make them anymore. The Cobalt is a nice car but costs more.

I love my car!
By Trevor on 08/22/06 18:05 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my '04 Cavalier back in '04. I love the way my car handles, I love the way the car looks (especially since I lowered it and added rims to it). I find the car has great fuel mileage. I own the Z-Type which is the Z-24 without the power options and 16" rims. after 2 years, the car has treated me good with no problems.

Great car for all
By rick burns on 08/13/06 10:13 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My wife And I purchased this car during a snowy wet cold Tuesday night in January. We (and about 5 salesmen) were the only people in the dealership. Bottom line, we stole this gem for around $8900.00 +tax. We had rebates and a $2000.00 coupon. The car is great on gas, 30mpg. We use it for work and a back-up. The interior is a little cramped when all 4 of us are in it. It looks just as good as the day we bought it . We garage it and are meticulous with the care of it. The front would shake during stopping and the wheel covers were squeaking. A quick trip to the dealer to cut the rotors and grease the contact points of were the rubber bumpers contacted the metal and we were good to go.

40,000mi and counting
By JLenga on 12/04/05 02:28 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my '04 Cavalier for a little over 40K miles and has proven to be a great car, anywhere and in any season. I bought the car in March '05 w/28K on it, traded in a '99 Malibu. The thing I like most about the "Cavy" is the gas mileage both city and highway. I've got it up to 39mpg once, and now that I live 3 miles from work, I only have to fill the tank once every two weeks, which is good considering gas prices. Other things I like are the handling and V6 like acceleration that comes from the low maintenance, high efficiency 2.2L Ecotec engine.

It's a good car for the money
By davidricepar on 09/25/05 13:12 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my 2004 STD COUPE for a little over a year now and I have had no problems with it whatsoever. I have the sport appearance package and I suggest that upgrade; it makes a lot of difference for a little bit of money. This car is surprisingly smooth at fast highway speed (I'm talking 90+ mph). It cruises easily at that pace and obviously even better at normal 70-75 mph. The handling is wonderful and makes it a joy to drive.

My Cav
By wpb on 08/24/05 15:53 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Love the pep and handling. Only problem is the slave cylinder for the clutch went out. WhenI took it to Chevrolet for repair, I had to wait a day because they were waiting on parts for another 2004 with the same problem.

the best fuel ecomony car
By coolteen92486 on 07/05/05 01:54 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I think this car is a good little car. I have no problems with the car. In town I get 25 - 27 mpg and on the highway I get 34 miles to a gallon. The gas tank takes 25 dollars to fill it from empty when gas price is $2.15 a gallon.

A Good Value to Date
By spudislander on 06/29/05 23:17 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Cavalier new in 2004. I felt the GM discount price incentive was too good to pass up. I used part of the discount to purchase 160,000 km powertrain warranty. I now have 30,000 kms on the car, have had no problems and am quite satisfied with my purchase for the money.