2004 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
Amazing Car
By LM on 06/08/08 20:56 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car has made amazing mileage. On a trip across SD got 35 miles to the gallon and in normal traffic around 30 miles per gallon. It runs well and the air conditioning is excellent it keeps the entire car cool.

Good for the price
By stillridinchevy on 06/02/08 11:24 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my car in Nov of 2006, about to trade it in for something different. The suspension is really bad (every bump or hole in the road makes my car sound like it's dying, when any other car I've been in will go over the same ones very smoothly). I wouldn't recommend it for anyone with babies (small back seat), it's not very safe (car would crumble in an accident), the front bumper is removable, it kind of "clips" on, the turn signal lights and tag light have been replaced many times, gas mileage is not that great! There is no way it's 30MPG. I'd say more like 20. It's not a bad car, overall I enjoyed having it.

Our Baby
By Stargazer on 05/17/08 20:57 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My husband and I have had our Cavalier only a few months and have been very pleased with it. It is very fun to drive and we love the way it looks. We have read the other reviews and do not agree with everything that is said about the Cavalier. With todays gas prices it is a very economical car.

Very disappointing
By Steve-o on 04/22/08 06:40 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I've never had more problems with a car than this one. My Cavalier has had one thing go wrong after the other. It's never been abused, the oil has been changed every 3,000 miles and it's not even driven that much. I only have one more year of payments, but I've decided to trade it in for something other than a GM. Maybe I just got a lemon. For those who are about to buy one, beware. The Cavalier is a cheap car and it's one of those things where you get what you pay for. I guess it's back to imports for me.

My Chevy Cavalier
By azgurl on 03/17/08 18:19 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My car got great gas mileage. It did ok in snow and mud. When I got 69,000 miles my car was making noises when I started it. It was my lower motor knocking, to mechanics it made no sense it was a flexplate and overhaul on my motor. So my conclusion is they do good until 69,000 miles.

Disappointed
By Steve on 03/11/08 09:13 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in a hurry because my last vehicle was totaled in an accident, and I needed something to get back and forth to work. I've always heard how "great" Cavaliers were so I took a chance on a GM car. Never again! Everytime I turn around the "service" or "check engine" light is on. The car has only 40,000 miles on it and I've spent thousands on things that I don't think should've gone out already. Oh well, I guess it's back to buying an import.

Love my Cavalier
By realscott325 on 02/29/08 22:39 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car new in 2004. Love the economy and performance-even for a 4 cyl. Never had a problem until about 5 months ago, the ignition coil went out suddenly. Other than that, no problems, no complaints. Love my Chevy!

Good, cheap commuter car
By Greg on 02/27/08 17:34 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car for the fuel economy and a manual transmission. I'm a college student who commutes to class every day, so the good gas mileage helps (~25-30 MPG city depending on traffic).

RoseRetrading
By Rose on 01/10/08 09:30 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Overall, I am happy with my Cavalier. Fuel economy is excellent and there has been absolutely no problems with the performance of the car. My only dislike is that the windows and mirror adjustments are manual. Would like to go electronic now but for dollar value, this car is excellent.

A Couple of Problems
By LP on 06/10/07 21:15 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my car for about 2 1/2 years, its been pretty dependable for the price, but I have had some issues with the gauges. My RPM gauge stopped working first, followed by my fuel gauge, and now my speedometer is starting to work on-and-off like the others did before they stopped working. I haven't bothered to get them fixed because I'm about to trade it in, but I wasn't too happy about that. However, it's a great starter car.