2004 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
A Couple of Problems
By LP on 06/10/07 21:15 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my car for about 2 1/2 years, its been pretty dependable for the price, but I have had some issues with the gauges. My RPM gauge stopped working first, followed by my fuel gauge, and now my speedometer is starting to work on-and-off like the others did before they stopped working. I haven't bothered to get them fixed because I'm about to trade it in, but I wasn't too happy about that. However, it's a great starter car.

Bang for your buck
By Ben SaintOnge on 05/10/07 07:22 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS Sport 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Sporty looking, good car for a cheap price. Cheap and easy to maintain. Sound system is nice with Mp3 and XM. Slave cylinder went at 45,000k, but pretty good overall. Tops out at 107, so it's pretty fast

My '04 Cavi
By jmock on 01/20/07 09:50 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS Sport 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This hasn't been too bad of a car. Although, I dont think I get the mileage others do. The best I have gotten is 29 mpg on the interstate. I have had it in the shop 5 times for front end noise in less than a year. But I like the style, and for a 2.2 it has decent power.

Great car for all
By rick burns on 08/13/06 10:13 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My wife And I purchased this car during a snowy wet cold Tuesday night in January. We (and about 5 salesmen) were the only people in the dealership. Bottom line, we stole this gem for around $8900.00 +tax. We had rebates and a $2000.00 coupon. The car is great on gas, 30mpg. We use it for work and a back-up. The interior is a little cramped when all 4 of us are in it. It looks just as good as the day we bought it . We garage it and are meticulous with the care of it. The front would shake during stopping and the wheel covers were squeaking. A quick trip to the dealer to cut the rotors and grease the contact points of were the rubber bumpers contacted the metal and we were good to go.

40,000mi and counting
By JLenga on 12/04/05 02:28 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my '04 Cavalier for a little over 40K miles and has proven to be a great car, anywhere and in any season. I bought the car in March '05 w/28K on it, traded in a '99 Malibu. The thing I like most about the "Cavy" is the gas mileage both city and highway. I've got it up to 39mpg once, and now that I live 3 miles from work, I only have to fill the tank once every two weeks, which is good considering gas prices. Other things I like are the handling and V6 like acceleration that comes from the low maintenance, high efficiency 2.2L Ecotec engine.

the best fuel ecomony car
By coolteen92486 on 07/05/05 01:54 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I think this car is a good little car. I have no problems with the car. In town I get 25 - 27 mpg and on the highway I get 34 miles to a gallon. The gas tank takes 25 dollars to fill it from empty when gas price is $2.15 a gallon.

A Good Value to Date
By spudislander on 06/29/05 23:17 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Cavalier new in 2004. I felt the GM discount price incentive was too good to pass up. I used part of the discount to purchase 160,000 km powertrain warranty. I now have 30,000 kms on the car, have had no problems and am quite satisfied with my purchase for the money.

Nice little car for the money
By Darrell Hovermale on 05/14/05 19:00 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We bought the car,an LS sedan, in March 2004 for $12K. GM had $4k in factory rebates, and the dealer discounted as well. We purchased for primarily as a commuter car, but like it so well, we have taken it on trips and vacation. So far very reliable. Love the strong Ecotec engine, and smooth shifting automatic. If the car continues to do well, I'm back in the GM family. Only complaints are minor: like the lousy design of the cup holders blocking HVAC controls. Seats could be more supportive. Other than that. Very satisfied with the car.

Great bang for the buck
By darrell hovermale on 02/08/05 19:30 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car for a short commute to work, however I have taken it on vacation, and it performed quite well. Sometimes I think the high- falutin car critics,are just a bit too critical of American cars. My Cavalier is reliable, peppy, and a good looking car. I'm happy with it, and I don't care what anyone else says. My next vehicle will probably be a Chevrolet.

Best car for the money!!
By Ken Paulson on 12/29/04 05:29 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS Sport 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Best car I have owned to date, very reliable! Can't wait to drive it again!!