Used 2004 Chevrolet Cavalier Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

My first new car
By Chris Rock

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Wasn't a real big fan of the cavalier but really enjoying the car

Cavalier Supporter
By halthe

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Owned a '91 Cavalier Wagon. It had 220,000 miles on it. I have been very satisfied with my new purchase, especially with the price.

Favorite Features

The LS Sport feature is very nice, especially if you like a manual transmission.

My Favorite Car
By ShortieMeggie

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is the first car that i have ever bought for myself and i could not be happier with my decision. My mom cosigned with me and I can make the payments by myself. It is a wonderful brand new car with a warenty that i can afford as a 19 year old. i am completly satisfied with my purchase. For the money i spent on the car i am so happy with the look of the car and how it drives. This is a wonderful starter car for me and i am so happy that i bought it.

Favorite Features

I love the look of the car. Even though it is not a sports car, it has that look to it. I am really short (5'1'') and i can drive and see everything. There is plenty of room in the back with a 2 door. The trunk is huge. It is really easy to fit it in the garage.

Suggested Improvements

I really do not think that the car needs any improvements. I really love it. I know that it has only been a year, but i am almost sure that i will not have any complaints as long as i have the car. I hope to buy another one in a few years.

Can't beat this price!
By yortch

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier Special Value 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Compared to its competitors (Civic, Corolla, etc.), this car beats them in price (10.7K), engine (2.2L), and size (180 in. lenght). The design is a bit outdated, and I believe this car will soon be replaced by the Cobalt, but I know I can't a get an equivalent new car for this price!

Favorite Features

The engine, huge trunk, A/C, CD Player, fold back seats!

Suggested Improvements

Not easy to recline head on driver's seat; most ventilation modes require the A/C on; larger front cup holders. The ability to disable these features: daytime running lights; interior lights turned after 1 min. of closing the car; and stereo going off until the door is opened.

What more can you expect?
By TeeA

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

You can't buy a better car...for the money. If you want a luxury or sports car, shell out the cash for one. If you want a nice ride, decent pickup, and a satisfactory interior for a cheap price, this is the car to get. I buy a new car every year and owned Camrys, Accords and SUV's. This car gets good gas mileage is easy to drive and for much lower cost than most others.

Favorite Features

I like the exterior. It looks better than other cars in this price range.

Suggested Improvements

Cupholders are too small and interfere with the A/C and radio controls. Can't lower visor on drivers side without hitting the rearview mirror.