2004 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
Best car I have ever owned
By Mmmm Toast on 02/28/10 20:09 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love my cavalier it amazes me how i can drive around town all day and use almost no gas. I am amazed by all the power I am getting out of the little ecotech 4 banger. my cavalier is mostly stock (no engine mods) I have a AEM cold air intake and a GReddy evo 2 exhaust and i can lay rubber in first shift to second and lay some more and get 30+mpg on the ride home, hard to do without switching cars. I don't know how well the car handles stock because mine was dropped probably 3 in before i got it but it handles like a race car i can turn a corner doing 30 in town:) i bought it and drove it back to KS from MO couple hours and was comfortable the whole way

Lots of problems
By severinep on 07/20/09 14:46 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car last year and it had 91,000 miles on it. I am close to 100,000 now & had lots of problems. A spring in the clutch system was broken making it impossible to switch gears with the pedal. $1,100 to fix this and the auto-repair guy had never ever seen this happen. Sensors are bad and keep sending check engine messages or check fluids when everything is fine. Now I have another $500 in repairs because the muffler is gone and the transistor that regulates the fan for heat/AC is dead. I could change that myself ($25) but it is impossible to put the blower motor back since it uses special plastic screws. Only an auto- repair shop can do it.

completely recommend this car
By natemorris925 on 03/24/09 22:15 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car to commute to school/work with. Averaging a little over 100 miles a day I bought it with the sole purpose of racking up a ton of miles, no extras. This is an extremely reliable car. The cartridge oil filter is Nice since im usually due for an oil change about every month. I changed the transmission filter and spark plugs at 60k. Fuel pump went out at 68k. I like that it has a timing chain instead of a belt. More maintenance free. Avg 34 mpg. With good tires this car is excellent in snow. Bottom line, this car is nearly as good as a civic, and for about half the price you cant go wrong as long as you take care of it. Mines at 90k it runs like new, no leaks or noises.

Love My Chevy!
By Cat on 03/11/09 19:29 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love my car! I have never had any major issues with this car. I get my oil changed as recommended, new tires, breaks things like that. It's sporty, and I think it's fun to drive. It's got a great stock stereo system.

Great Value
By Cavalier9 on 10/17/08 15:55 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my Cavalier in 4/04. It is fully loaded with a 5 speed (a must have). Had a $4,000 rebate from GM when it was purchased. Got it for around $14,500 brand new! Have almost 100,000 miles on it. I have a long commute everday to work, and this car has taken it in stride. The only things I have had to replace on this car was a idle control sensor (within the first month after I bought the vehicle), front brake pads (just once), and I just bought my third set of tires. Thats all--I have not even had the rotors turned on this car--I can't believe it. Does suprisingly well in the snow. If you are looking for a great/affordable car--this should without a doubt be your choice.

Amazing Car
By LM on 06/08/08 20:56 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car has made amazing mileage. On a trip across SD got 35 miles to the gallon and in normal traffic around 30 miles per gallon. It runs well and the air conditioning is excellent it keeps the entire car cool.

Good for the price
By stillridinchevy on 06/02/08 11:24 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my car in Nov of 2006, about to trade it in for something different. The suspension is really bad (every bump or hole in the road makes my car sound like it's dying, when any other car I've been in will go over the same ones very smoothly). I wouldn't recommend it for anyone with babies (small back seat), it's not very safe (car would crumble in an accident), the front bumper is removable, it kind of "clips" on, the turn signal lights and tag light have been replaced many times, gas mileage is not that great! There is no way it's 30MPG. I'd say more like 20. It's not a bad car, overall I enjoyed having it.

Love my Cavalier
By realscott325 on 02/29/08 22:39 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car new in 2004. Love the economy and performance-even for a 4 cyl. Never had a problem until about 5 months ago, the ignition coil went out suddenly. Other than that, no problems, no complaints. Love my Chevy!

Good, cheap commuter car
By Greg on 02/27/08 17:34 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car for the fuel economy and a manual transmission. I'm a college student who commutes to class every day, so the good gas mileage helps (~25-30 MPG city depending on traffic).

2004 Coupe Auto
By TIM on 01/10/07 17:24 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is the third Cavalier we've had in the family. It is a great car, economical, comfortable, with all the features I need. You can buy them at a great price, too. So far, like my other Cavaliers, this one has been reliable and has returned a steady 31 MPG driving about 70% highway miles. Too bad Chevy doesn't make them anymore. The Cobalt is a nice car but costs more.