Used 2004 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

cavaliers rock!!!!!
By pt13gt

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I'm sorry edmunds thinks this is an outdated platform but its a lot better car than my son's focus and my sister's lancer! for the money I love my cavalier and an sorry to see it be the last year for them.

Wonderful!
By Catherine Spahn

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car. It is fun, chic and very sporty. The radio is great, great system, and the interior is very confortable to sit in, even for a long period if time.

Favorite Features

The radio. I love it. It has a wonderdul system in it, and it is really easy to program things and such.

Suggested Improvements

Where the cup holders are. I find that unless I have a soda can in it, it is hard to change the dials for the temperature of the air and such.

Great Car
By houtcbs

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is a reliable, tough, fun to drive little car. I bought it as work car as I rack up a lot of miles but now find myself driving it all the time. It is a joy to drive, very forgiving and hugs the road like vehicles priced much higher. In short, this car has provided the best value for my money from any car I have purchased. You want affordable and fun? Test drive a Cavalier.

Favorite Features

Nippy and responsive. Cruises easily at high speeds.

I LOVE THIS CAR!
By judymay

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is such a fun car to drive.I don't think it is cheap looking inside or out.It handles well on curves and easily keeps up with interstate traffic.For under 20 grand I think it is a good buy.I love the bright yellow,it really stands out and looks sporty without the sports car price !It beats the grandma toyota that my dad wanted me to buy! I plan on keeping this car for a long time and will buy another one when the time comes.

Favorite Features

I love the bright yellow and the way it handles on curves. I also like the stereo system,it makes my cd's sound great.I also love my sunroof.

Suggested Improvements

I WOULDN'T CHANGE A THING!

CAVALIER is one of the BEST COMPACTS!!
By carlvr1

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Special Value 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have had 45 different cars in the past. I drive my personal car for a living and can tell you that I have actually OWNED (not just test-driven) almost every car in this class! Just look at the Cavalier's POWER, PRICE and GAS MILEAGE and compare it to any car in this class. Is the platform dated (aka-RELIABLE)-YES. Also, I read that the 5-Speed is not very good. WHAT?? The 5-Speed Transmission is a GETRAG "Made in Italy" 5-Speed and is easily as good as the Honda 5-Speed Transmission I had in my Insight.

Favorite Features

The EcoTec Engine is fantastic. It is a vast improvement over the old 2.4 DOHC Engine even though HP is a bit less. I also love the Getrag Transmission

Suggested Improvements

I would say that a nice improvement to the interior of the Cavalier (or any car in the class) would be to put in seats like those found in the Hyundai Elantra/Kia Spectra (dual-knob adjustable w/lumbar support).