Used 2004 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

Nice Little Car
By REMICH

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Special Value 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The Cavalier is a lot of car for the money. Plenty of power and torque, handles well and gets good gas mileage even at 75 mph. The style should be updated though. The chassis is pretty solid, but I have an annoying squeak in the front suspension that they only seem able to fix for about 2000 miles at a time. The manual 5 speed takes some hunting for gears and even after 10,000 miles I still get the wrong gear sometimes. All in all though, it's well worth the $10,700 I paid for it.

Favorite Features

The engine.

Suggested Improvements

Styling.

I was fooled by his car
By cerveros24

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I buy this car because my Toyota Tercel was stolen, but in comparison with this car, the Cavalier is an incredible gass drinking machine. $20.00 dollars a per week in comparison with $12.00 of the tercel. Also I went with this car to service 3 times, because the rear lights suddenly burns out, and the dealer only tells me that they will keep changing the bulbs since this is a normal behaivor. Not to mention the cheezy, cheapy interiors. I am very dissapointed

Favorite Features

Good engine performance in uphills or speeding.

Suggested Improvements

This car will be histpry soon, but I hope that the 2005 replacements includes bettrer milleage and better interiors.

VERY PLEASED CUSTOMER
By johnboy511949

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I HAVE THOUGHT ABOUT BUYING THIS CAR FOR SEVERAL YRS AND AFTER PURCHASING IT IT HAS SURPASSED ALL MY EXPECTATIONS AND SO HAS THE SELLING DEALER.

Favorite Features

THE POWER THAT IT HAS AND THE AMAZING FUEL ECONOMY THAT IM GETTING 36.5 MPG

Suggested Improvements

I HAVE NO RECOMMENDATIONS IT EXCEEDS MY NEEDS.

smooth ride
By Kristi Stanley

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The vehicle that i purchased on nov. 24 in the year of 2003 has been one of the best rides i have ever had the chance to experience. My car glides with the road. Making my ride an ejoyable experience, in which makes me want to drive even more. Its the standard package of this make, but well worth its cost. This time this make of car has lived up to the test.

Favorite Features

manual roll down windows. manual drive, inwhich allows me to feel more in control of my car..

Suggested Improvements

pin stripes

Cavalier
By realtoir

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I don't agree with the negative consumer reports review on this vehicle. We helped our son get a 2003 Cavalier with 16 alloy wheels, power windows, doors, keyless entry and great sound system- It is sleek looking, great on gas mileage, and the engine ((the only thing reviewed positively) is fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

We had to negotiate for the power and keyless entry, but they were more than fair- I think it should be standard- at least the power windows/locks