Used 2004 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Coupe Consumer Reviews - 19 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe - Consumer Reviews

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

Great car!
By hannam

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I drove this car for almost a year before someone ran a red light and totaled it.
Looks great for the price, easy to drive and great for a first car!
I bought it with 90k and drove it to 100k.
I did have a few issues with it.
The backseat was really difficult to access.
If you buy with the original radio, be aware that installing a new radio could put you in the $200-300 range as the system is connected to many other things in the car (like the beeps for when your car door is open).
AC went out around 94,000 miles.
The lights below around the gearshift went out, and I had to hit the gearshift to make them come back on.
All in all, I'm still happy with the purchase and sad to lose it.

Best Value
By alanseymour

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The car is reliable. I have had no problems for over 116,000 miles so far. I do however change my oil on regular (specified) intervals.
It has for a 2.2 Liter engine, good acceleration and it can drive smooth at 100 mph. I get ~ 29 miles per gallon
with regular 87 octane gasoline - not bad. I highly recommend it to anyone who wants a reliable, efficient commuter vehicle.

Good acceleration, good gasoline mileage and a smooth ride at high speeds 80-100mph.

None.

Would be good
By Jon Smith

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Would be good but the car just keeps having problems, IAT, HUBS go out, Slave cylinders go out multiple times and then contaminate the clutch but That problem starts with the master cylinder which is usually repaired wrong at dealers for cost cutting-they replace the slave not the master cylinder. almost cost my life in an accident! Trans went out, Radio went out twice the replaced one was remanufactured, not NEW under warranty. speakers go out, throttle cable rusted and would make the throttle stick or not move-thus no driving or very high revs. The car would be great if GM wasn't so Cheap! and that intake manifold design is crap.

The engine is all Aluminum DOHC Chain driven, and good HP and TQ good shifting. of course thats all taken from Toyota so Gm doesn't really get the props on this. I'm a mechanic with a degree in AMT so, YES I do know what i'm talking about.

Bad with the internal slave cylinders and dealers/gm repairs-I was driving in snow-which has NEVER been a problem and I had good tires, the Slave goes out and I start to fishtail, slam into the median-this was just 8 months after a repair of the slave cyl.Intake manifold bad design,swoops under.

2004 Cavalier
By Jen6374

Hi this is my 3rd cavaler and my
favorite drives awsome i just got it
on August 5

The Best
By poohni1539

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love my car its great, it suits me in
every need. The car is the perfest
size, it has a nice sound system and
the interior build is unique and cozy.
The Cavalier is a wonderful car and i
would recommend it to any individual
who has a small family and is looking
for a vehicle with low maintenance cost.

The window roll down options, sound system, gas mileage, low maintenance.

recline seat options