2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Consumer Review: Worst Cavalier I have ever had

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Worst Cavalier I have ever had.
By CM on

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is my third Cavalier and I would warn anyone to beware. I have had more problems with this Cavalier than any other and have had over 100,000 miles on all my vehicles. I just had to replace the engine, have replaced the fuel pump and now all the gages are crazy. I can be driving along at about 30 miles per hour and the next thing I know my speedometer says I am going 110 Miles per hour. Same thing happens to gas gauge and temperature gauge and now the tachometer is starting to go crazy too. Also the switch for the heater won't work right either. This car has been giving good treatment and service but this kind of problems should not be happening. Needless to say GM fix it for a price!

Quit trying to fix something that ain't broke. The 1997, and 2000 engines were fine. Keep the engineers away from the vehicle if it ain't broke!
By wolverine39
on 05/09/11 02:35 AM (PDT)

everyone seemed to have a problem with gages going crazy. mine did too when it got above 90 digrees. I just sold the car last week though.