Practical and inexpensive
By Hibiscus on
2003 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)
I purchased this car with 9 miles on it and have put almost 17,000 miles on it since May 2003. It has great mileage, it's very reliable and seats our family of five in comfort. I've had squeaky brakes, but my mechanic says these Cavaliers come with brakes that have a high metallic content. They work fine, but make a funny sound sometimes. This model has had three recalls for small items: a computer chip was reprogrammed, rear lights were replaced and an emissions sticker was added later. This is an inexpensive car that's great to drive and has a terrific sound system. This is the third Cavalier I've had and they've all been very reliable since I got my first in 1986. I'm very happy with it!
Favorite Features
The Sanddrift color on the exterior is really nice; love the CD player and speakers; good gas mileage; comfortable seats; nice storage spots on doors and in rear seat; five cupholders; ABS brakes.
Suggested Improvements
Move climate control buttons away from cupholders. If there's a cup, you can't change the settings! Move the power windows switches to the doors instead of center panel. Provide more mesh nets in trunk; the one net isn't big enough for groceries. Offer more choices in interior upholstery.