2003 Chevrolet Cavalier 2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Great car if you like

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Review

Great car if you like squeaks and rattles
By Kamil on

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased the car in 2004 and got a good deal since it was an left over 2003. I was satisfied for the first several months then problems started occuring. I took it in for service several times and these problems still exist. Love the acceleration and the Getrag shifter is nice, but the crafstmanship that went into it stinks. My biggest complaints are with the heating unit since it makes strange noises, starting problems, the passenger seat moves when vehicle is in motion and NOISE. Whenever I go over bumps or train tracks the dashboard squeaks and rattles. It is a little embarrasing sometimes.

Favorite Features

Engine power, styling, remote keyless entry with panic button, fun to drive when on a flat surface, seat fabric.

Suggested Improvements

PLEASE do something about all the noise! Add more insulation! Make the interior a little more appealing by adding some chrome accents and bezels. It looks very plain. The cup holders are shallow and need to have a slot for cups with a handle. Also they are placed in a terrible location.