Economy doesn't meet comfort
By Bri on
2003 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)
I owned this car for 3 years, and I'm just now trading it in. My husband is in the military, so it was easy to put 60k on it in that amount of time. This car gave me no trouble for 2 1/2 years, until the fuel pump went out. I wasn't surprised, as GM is noted for recalls. With an aftermarket air filter, I got 39 miles to the gallon in this car. The only reason I'm trading in is because we're expecting a baby, and there's no way a car seat will comfortably fit in this back seat. Moderate comfort for 2 people, but don't bother if you have a child or any friends to drive around. The front controls are horribly placed, and it's small. But all in all I loved this car. Very reliable.
Favorite Features
Gas mileage! I saved literally thousands on gas when the prices hiked up. Very nice sound system (GM cars usually have awesome sound.) Air conditioning is cold fast, smaller engine means faster heat in the winter.
Suggested Improvements
Total fuel pump recall. This car is not something you buy for drag racing, you buy it for economy. Bigger bucket seats in the front, maybe spare some trunk room for some leg room in the back.