2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
Good basic transportation
By PublicTrans-no more on 05/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car seems to have been designed to be basic transportation with a few extra features to make you forget that. While the Cavalier may be a bit higher priced than its rivals in the same catagory, you can't find a better mode of basic transportation. The automatic transmission is a charm, seemlessly gliding through gears, and the 140HP engine pops when you need it to. The ECOTEC engine also sips fuel, my highway mileage is easily 38-40 MPG. How we ever got by without 60/40 fold down seats I'll never know, this feature is the bridge in utility that hatchbacks always had, and traditional coupes could only dream of...until now.

Good for HS students
By vegetasyjn5 on 05/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car has everything needed for a High School senior The sound system rocks i love the steering wheel feel on it. and the 60/40 split seats in back. the color is Graphite which next the the blue on the outside looks awsome.

Heap of junk
By marko on 05/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

You get what you pay for. Broke down 3 time in 6 months. Major electrical problems.

The New Cavalier Can Move It!
By truegenius on 05/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Having not quite driven 500 miles yet, I have to say the most impressive thing about the '03 Cavalier is the 2.2L EcoTec engine. It sounds good and, combined with the automatic xmission, moves very smoothly. I really feel the power when I get up around 60mph. My first Cav since '85, I hope GM has learned something about engineering. I like what I see so far.

'03 Cavilier
By ajpa on 05/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I recently took delivery of an '03 Cavilier coupe. I was pleasantly surprised by the excellent fit and finish of this car, both outside and in. It also has a peppy motor and a smooth shifting 5-speed manual transmission. The back seat is also very roomy for a compact car this size. I also got a great price on this car.

Lovin My Cav
By gabagooo on 04/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I recently purchased a 2003 LS two door. I have racked up 1700 trouble free miles. So far the gas milage has been excellent. I love the sunroof and sound system. The car is easy to drive and park.

2002 z24 and the mew 2003 model
By Ryan V. on 04/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the 2002 z24 that came with the Ecotec in Canada. Although it lost 10 hp from the previous 2.4L engine, the car still has respectable power from 150 ft lbs of torque. I'm pretty sure this model is identical to the new 2003 design; the only differences being the design and some interior bits. The build quality is below average and the materials used is also below par. The tweaked suspension gives it a grippy handle on the road; that's a plus. This car gives you what you paid for. If it was 5,000-7,000 more I wouldn't have bought it.

You get a little more then you pay for
By Khris97 on 04/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

After rebates and so forth I paid 10K for this brand new car. You definatly get more then you pay for. the 2.2L 140hp engine matted to the manual 5 speed gearbox is great. The car is not a Benz so I wasn't expecting it to be as comfortable as one, but for a small car, its pretty decent. Braking is very smooth and sure. As with just about all American cars, theres a question as to the quality of the fit and finish, but I haven't found any blemishes. Nothing rattles or squeeks. Wind noise and engine vibration is minimal. You really do get a lot for 10K.

disappointed
By Sweetpea on 04/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I traded in my 1997 2-door cavalier & bought a blue LS sport coupe 2003 cavi about 2 mths ago. I have had it in the shop already for this cracking noise in the front. It ended up being a recall part (something that they "forgot" to put in). My part has yet to come in (2 weeks now). Then 3 days ago I noticed that my fuel gage is acting up. It is tellimg me that I have 3/4 a tank of gas. I know that I should have under a 1/2 (went 185 miles since last filled). So it's going back again. Everytime I drive that car I get bounced around. I know it is a sports model but when I hit a bump in the road forget it. One last thing-it is TERRIBLE in the snow.

my cavalier
By mjjmmj on 03/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

built cheap the counsul is smaller no vanity mirrors not like the older models i had a 96 much better deal thedealer broke off the handle to the anti theft so i couldn't use it because i wasn't charged for it...