Used 2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

2003 LS Sport Coupe
By Vanessa N

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I Love this Car!!! I traded in my 1997 cavalier, I was hard but this car made my transition easy. Some think spending $30,000 for a car make it better, not true. This car is so under rated it makes me very mad!

Favorite Features

Everything, ride, power, radio, brakes, looks. It's my chevy baby!

I love this car
By banshee2700

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I had a 93 cavalier (base model) i loved it so after 2 years of driving it i felt i had enough experience and i wanted a new car.I pulled up on the lot and this was the first car i saw. The next thing i knew i was driving it on the highway loving every minute of it. After that it was sitting in my driveway 5 days later..

Favorite Features

Cruise control, Daytime running lights, ground effects, rims, fog lights, sunroof, keyless entry, Level II sport suspension, spoiler, all power...

Suggested Improvements

Drop the body about 2 inches or add bigger rims so that there is less of a gap in between the body and wheels..

Isn't reliability supposed to be bad?
By Nathan P.

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

As I understood things I was told, when you buy inexpensive American cars, the ease of finding replacement parts was only good in that it offset the frequency of the repairs you would need. Not true. In 2000, I leased a Cav for three years, and didn't have a single problem other than a flat tire. I was happy enough with the lease, that I bought a new one in 2003. It remains an easy-to-drive, easy-to- maintain vehicle. I'm also pleasantly surprised by the roominess of the driver's seat. I'm 6'3, and big the other way too, and I have no trouble fitting into the driver's seat. I can even stretch my legs a bit without pushing the pedals.

Favorite Features

Ample leg and head room for a tall driver. Well designed radio/CD player. ABS. 24/32 mpg

Suggested Improvements

When you lower the sun visor, it knocks the rear-view mirror out of alignment. A powered antenna would be nice as well.

Reliable, fun, basic transportation
By 70novaman

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I test drove 4 cars before deciding on the Cavalier. A Honda Civic, a Mazda Protege, a Ford Focus ZX3 and the Cavalier. The Cavalier beat them all hands down for value vs. dollars. The Honda felt "tinny" as did the Mazda. The Focus I tested had a terrible front end vibration to which the dealer attributed to "rust on the rotors from sitting on the lot" - What? None of the other cars had that problem. The Cavalier is basic, good transporation. Love it.

Favorite Features

First: Engine performance Second: Exterior design

Suggested Improvements

15 inch tires would be nice on standard package. Other than that - none Great car.

Can't Go Wrong !!!
By gregjohnson68

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The power from the ECOTEC 2.2l engine is no less than beautiful! The handling is in the same boat, mixed with great looks (mines black!) inside , and out! Do yourself a huge favor , and go buy one TODAY!!!! You will not regret it , ever!

Favorite Features

Handling , Braking , Interior controls , and of coarse POWER!

Suggested Improvements

A 3 hole dashboard to windshield heating would be better than one , but everything else is great! (maybe euro style tailights LoL...)