2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

2003 Cavalier Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

Sort Reviews by

excellent car
By al m

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

this car is outstanding, excellent buy.

Simply awsome
By LSCAV

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

at first i wanted to get the 2002 cavalier model that was out but i waited longer and when the 2003 came out i loved the new body style and went to check it out and drive one and now i own it. I love it!! My first new car and i have no intentions of selling either. It is also my 3rd cavalier after owning a 1991 and 1994 model which were very nice as well but only base models and were very good on gas as the new one has already proven.

Favorite Features

sunroof, cruise, xm satelite cd and cassete in one (sweet)

Suggested Improvements

it would be nice if they came back with the convertibles

No luck with cars
By Tanya_g83

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my car less than a year and I put all 18K miles on it and I have a wiring problem with my car. My cruise shuts off when i put on my turning signal. My CD player had a defect and I got burned when I took my CD's out and my rear turning signal's wires were eroded. My drivers door doesnt shut all the way unless you slam it. My heat vent fell out when I was driving down the road and the gears to change the heater settings are stripped.

Favorite Features

gas mileage is great room in the car is great.

Suggested Improvements

move the cupholders away from the shifter I keep hitting it and spilling my pop.

My Cav
By JAILER 6

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Fun to drive. Less road nois would be a plus.

Favorite Features

It's quickness

Suggested Improvements

improve standard features and reduce road noise.

Good Job Chevrolet !
By august66

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I test drove 4 other cars( Focus ZX3, Civic, Protege , Elantra) before deciding on the Cavalier. My choice was easy. For the price, it can't be beat. Fun to drive, decent gas mileage, easy to maintain and very nice looking. Safe also, was invloved in an accident this past weekend where a 2002 Honda Accord ran a red light and hit me squarely on the passenger rear fender and wheel. Car took it and I was able to drive away (a flat tire later) but probably less than 3K damage. The Honda lost it's entire front end. I didn't even loose a wheel cover...

Favorite Features

Great engine, powerful, quiet, decent economy. Very sporty looking (2 door) and fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Like the '04 rear end (the small bow tie) but that's it.

Little Red Chevy
By uncle

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Handles like a sports car. With the five speed standard it really zips.

Favorite Features

Five Speed Standard Transmission.

Suggested Improvements

One disk DVD Standard

Not so great
By mellyc

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2003 cav brand new and ive had nothing but problems with it. Its definately a piece of junk. I will come to a stop and my car stalls.. I've taken it in to be fixed many times and nobody can find the problem. Its definately a lemon, i would not suggest buying a cavailer.... Definately not worth the money..

Favorite Features

sunroof

Suggested Improvements

THe whole car needs to be improved,,...

2003 LS Sport Coupe
By Vanessa N

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I Love this Car!!! I traded in my 1997 cavalier, I was hard but this car made my transition easy. Some think spending $30,000 for a car make it better, not true. This car is so under rated it makes me very mad!

Favorite Features

Everything, ride, power, radio, brakes, looks. It's my chevy baby!

I love this car
By banshee2700

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I had a 93 cavalier (base model) i loved it so after 2 years of driving it i felt i had enough experience and i wanted a new car.I pulled up on the lot and this was the first car i saw. The next thing i knew i was driving it on the highway loving every minute of it. After that it was sitting in my driveway 5 days later..

Favorite Features

Cruise control, Daytime running lights, ground effects, rims, fog lights, sunroof, keyless entry, Level II sport suspension, spoiler, all power...

Suggested Improvements

Drop the body about 2 inches or add bigger rims so that there is less of a gap in between the body and wheels..

Isn't reliability supposed to be bad?
By Nathan P.

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

As I understood things I was told, when you buy inexpensive American cars, the ease of finding replacement parts was only good in that it offset the frequency of the repairs you would need. Not true. In 2000, I leased a Cav for three years, and didn't have a single problem other than a flat tire. I was happy enough with the lease, that I bought a new one in 2003. It remains an easy-to-drive, easy-to- maintain vehicle. I'm also pleasantly surprised by the roominess of the driver's seat. I'm 6'3, and big the other way too, and I have no trouble fitting into the driver's seat. I can even stretch my legs a bit without pushing the pedals.

Favorite Features

Ample leg and head room for a tall driver. Well designed radio/CD player. ABS. 24/32 mpg

Suggested Improvements

When you lower the sun visor, it knocks the rear-view mirror out of alignment. A powered antenna would be nice as well.