2003 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
excellent car
By al m on 03/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

this car is outstanding, excellent buy.

No luck with cars
By Tanya_g83 on 02/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my car less than a year and I put all 18K miles on it and I have a wiring problem with my car. My cruise shuts off when i put on my turning signal. My CD player had a defect and I got burned when I took my CD's out and my rear turning signal's wires were eroded. My drivers door doesnt shut all the way unless you slam it. My heat vent fell out when I was driving down the road and the gears to change the heater settings are stripped.

My Cav
By JAILER 6 on 02/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Fun to drive. Less road nois would be a plus.

Good Job Chevrolet !
By august66 on 02/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I test drove 4 other cars( Focus ZX3, Civic, Protege , Elantra) before deciding on the Cavalier. My choice was easy. For the price, it can't be beat. Fun to drive, decent gas mileage, easy to maintain and very nice looking. Safe also, was invloved in an accident this past weekend where a 2002 Honda Accord ran a red light and hit me squarely on the passenger rear fender and wheel. Car took it and I was able to drive away (a flat tire later) but probably less than 3K damage. The Honda lost it's entire front end. I didn't even loose a wheel cover...

Little Red Chevy
By uncle on 01/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Handles like a sports car. With the five speed standard it really zips.

Not so great
By mellyc on 01/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2003 cav brand new and ive had nothing but problems with it. Its definately a piece of junk. I will come to a stop and my car stalls.. I've taken it in to be fixed many times and nobody can find the problem. Its definately a lemon, i would not suggest buying a cavailer.... Definately not worth the money..

2003 LS Sport Coupe
By Vanessa N on 01/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I Love this Car!!! I traded in my 1997 cavalier, I was hard but this car made my transition easy. Some think spending $30,000 for a car make it better, not true. This car is so under rated it makes me very mad!

I love this car
By banshee2700 on 01/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I had a 93 cavalier (base model) i loved it so after 2 years of driving it i felt i had enough experience and i wanted a new car.I pulled up on the lot and this was the first car i saw. The next thing i knew i was driving it on the highway loving every minute of it. After that it was sitting in my driveway 5 days later..

Isn't reliability supposed to be bad?
By Nathan P. on 12/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

As I understood things I was told, when you buy inexpensive American cars, the ease of finding replacement parts was only good in that it offset the frequency of the repairs you would need. Not true. In 2000, I leased a Cav for three years, and didn't have a single problem other than a flat tire. I was happy enough with the lease, that I bought a new one in 2003. It remains an easy-to-drive, easy-to- maintain vehicle. I'm also pleasantly surprised by the roominess of the driver's seat. I'm 6'3, and big the other way too, and I have no trouble fitting into the driver's seat. I can even stretch my legs a bit without pushing the pedals.

Reliable, fun, basic transportation
By 70novaman on 12/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I test drove 4 cars before deciding on the Cavalier. A Honda Civic, a Mazda Protege, a Ford Focus ZX3 and the Cavalier. The Cavalier beat them all hands down for value vs. dollars. The Honda felt "tinny" as did the Mazda. The Focus I tested had a terrible front end vibration to which the dealer attributed to "rust on the rotors from sitting on the lot" - What? None of the other cars had that problem. The Cavalier is basic, good transporation. Love it.