2003 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
Great for Price
By cml on 01/14/05 11:25 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I've had very few issues with this car. It looks nice, holds its value and runs well. I have the 5 speed manual and it has a lot of pep for a 4- cylinder engine.

Not Bad for the Price
By CheesyEagle on 01/07/05 07:06 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Sharp exterior styling, responsive handling, and a strong engine make this an enjoyable car to drive. The poor build quality, ugly interior (especially the steering wheel) and relatively low level of refinement always leave you wanting more. Overall the bargain basement price makes this package worthwhile, but Chevy still has a long way to go in order to compete with the "imports" (loosely termed).

A Great Car for the Money
By DanH on 12/18/04 13:11 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car used for my daughter and she has put a lot of miles on the vehicle commuting to school. The car now has 43K miles and we have not had one problem! My other daughter has a 2000 Cavalier and it too is very dependable. Itís not a luxury car, but for the money, you get relative comfort and a well made vehicle. My brother-in-law has a 92 with 135K and itís going strong. My nieceís 88 had 181K when she traded it in. A lot of positive testimony!

cavaliers are good
By blo1170 on 09/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

the car is fun to drive. it handles surprisingly good with minimal body roll it feels glued to the ground, accelleration is peppy but not a traffic light warrior. the exterior looks great the interior is cheap looking but ok.all in all the best cavalier ever made.

Just Plain Great!
By Gurliej25 on 08/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have read other reviews about this car and it boogles my mind how people could dislike this car. I bought it with 6000 miles on it and havn't had a problem yet! I love everything about the cavalier, and am very dissapointed that 2004 was the last year for them. But i can gurentee I will always buy a chevy!

It's just a Chevy
By Still drives a Chevy on 06/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Initially loved the cheap price I paid, but soon discovered it was a cheap car. No major problems, but a few things have broken including the a/c vent, seat, a few wheel covers, and the accumulator assembly had to be replaced. The CD player tends to skip if an entire CD is played, no matter how new the CD is. There is a lot of wind noise, you have to turn the radio way up when driving on the highway. Get up speed is good. The car is light and can be pushed around by the wind on the interstate. The car looks sporty, but you can't tell the year of the car by the outside unless you're looking at the front or the back. Inside looks like my old Corsica.

I made a mistake!!!
By Kelli on 06/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted something dependable. So I thought that if I bought a new car it would have to be right? Wrong. I am afraid to touch anything because it usually falls apart. I have had it for 3 months and I already regret buying it. My ac works good but I can't use it because it makes my whole car shake. This car feels like it is about ready to fall apart. It is comfortable once you get in and keep your hands of flimsy things. But the truth is its cheap because its built cheap. I wish I had bought a Honda. I am going to loose about $2000 for this stupid mistake! Oh and I have 2 friends with the same model and both of their engines blow up!

cavalier rocks
By six flags on 05/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

No problems so far!!!

I love my car!
By ShandaW on 04/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought this car about a month ago and I've had no problems with it at all. It gets up to speed real quick and it handles real good. I bought it almost new so the tires were still good and the interior is beautiful. The only thing I've done is put better speakers in the back.

Simply awsome
By LSCAV on 03/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

at first i wanted to get the 2002 cavalier model that was out but i waited longer and when the 2003 came out i loved the new body style and went to check it out and drive one and now i own it. I love it!! My first new car and i have no intentions of selling either. It is also my 3rd cavalier after owning a 1991 and 1994 model which were very nice as well but only base models and were very good on gas as the new one has already proven.