2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
Not bad for the price
By Skiidaho on 10/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Got this car for a song 8999 after all the rebates and GM cash. Nice CD, tilt, etc. I have a Ford F150 Super Crew that is to nice to put so many miles on and the mpg is not so great. So I get the Cavalier and get 34 hwy 29 city. Delighted with the mpg. The car is kinda nice looking for the price. I added 16" wheels and 205 55 tires which made a huge dif. in the way it looks. Shifting is easy, ride is good, engine is above average. The interior is a bit cheap but so ways the price. These cars don't hold their value but if you plan on driving it for 3yrs or more so what. I look at it as a disposable car, kinda like a term life policy.

none
By chris balasevicius on 10/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I,44 year,s old I have driven pickup,s all my life but because of my job i now have to travel 160km per day and i find this car a pleasure to drive

Honda killer
By Zoltrix on 10/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car expecting it to be a gutless stock 4 cylinder. I put a spintech exhaust on it and a K&N filtercharger. the only cars that have beaten me were other cavaliers. My best story is of a 96 honda civic with a turbo and NOS. we did the first run and i was expecting to be beaten ...he missed second and i was gone.....then the second run he said i was finished so we lined up again i got a little better start ..he missed second again but found it fast he was starting to pull up to me hit third i heard a terrible noise and he dropped back and i won again....later i found out he fried his tranny and had to drive home in second gear...

Cheap in more ways than 1
By replica48 on 09/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

For the $9k I paid for the car, I wasn't expecting anything fantastic. For the most part, I was right. I've taken it back to have the horn fixed, along with the trunk lock. A tail light went out after 3 months. On occasion, the RPM's will drop to below 500 and come back up, and sometimes stalls, so I now have a new reason to take it in to the dealership again. When you put down the sun visors, they usually hit the rear view mirror. Installing an aftermarket stereo is VERY time consuming, as the whole dash must be removed. It's a good thing they're dropping the line in 2005. GM needs a new design.

ultimate bargin, buying American only
By sam1zak on 09/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Excelent bargin, This was my fisrt American car and I love. I have always bought imports in the past . But that has changed to American only now since after this car. I feel imports are overpriced and overrated. I can't wait for the colbolt in 2005

Good Product for the Money
By Rebekah on 09/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My car is primarily used for vacations, weekend trips, shopping etc, not commuting to work. With the rebate the total cost on my car ended up being between $13-14,000. For this amount of money I think I got a great deal on a reliable vehicle. I've had no engine or mechanical problems with the car in the five months I've had it. But, the seats need to be more comfortable. My lower back hurts after a two hour drive. Also, the viser moves the rear-view mirror every time you put it down. That's a pain. I love the styling of the car outside and the power windows and locks. I think the backseat is nicely spacious for a coupe. Great stereo and air conditioning.

Great Car!
By CarolA on 08/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I previously owned a 93 Cavalier. I had great luck with the car. I owned it for 6 years and the worst thing that went wrong was the head gasket... but hey it was ten years old. I found it to be a reliable dependable car so I decided to purchase a newer model.

review
By lilbluebrown924 on 08/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

very execellent car, it is my first and it is a very good car for a teenagers

My Own Personal DeathTrap
By Kitten on 08/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This wasn't my idea to get this car. My parents bought it for me and i wish they hadn't. I've been to the dealership 3 times since i've had it and i only have 7,000 miles on it. Both back tail lights went out. MY Trac Light go off everytime i hit the slightest bump. Oh and stopping in the snow or rain is a joke. It feels like it won't stop and thats just scary.

i love my yellow cavi
By chelle on 08/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

loved it the min i saw it. had to buy it!!! lots of looks in it. but it's becoming too common now. i was first in my town to have one, now there are 25 yellow cavi's :( one problem: window trim is warping in back and it's under warrenty and they won't fix it. no other problems :)