Used 2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

Better Than It Had To Be
By oboles

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Really nice exterior design. Put together very well. 67k miles over some very rough roads and still no annoying rattles in body. For a 4 cylinder is really a peppy little vehicle. Steering is exceptional. Great gas mileage; average 28 mpg on reformulated gas. Up to 35 mpg on hwy w/non reformulated fuel. No mechanical problems w/car yet. If I had a gripe, it would be for better suspension. Load it up with 3 & 4 250-300 lb passengers and the ride is a little bumpy. But, with 1 or 2, ride is fine. Overall I have been very happy with the car. I believe it has been badly maligned and underrated. It really is better than it had to be. By the way, I also tow a 16 ft sailboat with it.

Gas mileage. Comfortable for 2. Good handling. Quick turn radius. Small size great for parking and maneuvering. Nice style on the LS sport coupe

Get rid of the blind spot on driver side. Would like more interior room, but how would you do it with such a small exterior shell.

An awesome car at a bargain price
By Defendar

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is my third Cavalier. Also owned a 1988 and 2000 Cavalier. I bought this car fully loaded planning to keep it for a long time. Well losing my job forced me to take a job 107 miles away from home. So my daily commute totals 214 miles. At 88,000 miles I just replaced the fuel pump. I'm still on my first brakes and tires, even though both probably need to be replaced soon. This car has fantastic low-end torque. You can get yourself in trouble in no time at all, blowing away everything in its class and then some. Considering the cost, this car is a total steal and you can tons of after- market parts to make a look a billion bucks, for less than $20,000 overall cost.

keyless entry, sunroof, sporty look, exterior and interior design, split rear seats, acceleration

None, afterall too late for that anyway, Chevy discontinued the model, too bad.

Excellent First New Car
By Steven Horvat

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new inspite of what my parents have told me for 9,999 and added underbody spray, interior protectent at that time This car used to get 23-25 mpg but after my standered $200 dollars modifications to any car I get My mpg in city driveing went to 30mpg and 28 with the ac on! I have Royal Purple 5w20 engine oil, Royal purple trany oil. K&N stock air filter, Iridium spark plugs, and I pulled out the power robbing bong connected to the air box in the front left fender wall. Dynoed the car too. stock 153hp 156tq after mods: 173hp 180tq. Got a ram air hood too. 20k comming up soon great ride for my first new car.

Relaibility, Color, Price, Economy and lastability hopefully

The cup holders are right in front of the Air controls. Get a new stereo 1 Din and put the controle unit under the stereo then get an eq or have an extra cuby space where the ac used to be.

What you pay for
By metalshop

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

It's not as bad as some people say. A good car for the price, and when you buy a base model, expect base model features. Nothing fancy, but it gets the job done. I have almost 17K miles, and it hasn't been in the shop yet. It's taken me across the US and back 3 times now. Does everything I ask it to do. No problems with the CD player or the sunfoof. Great AC & heat.

Price, fuel economy, color(blue), reliability.

Cup holder placement

Great car if you like squeaks and rattles
By Kamil

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased the car in 2004 and got a good deal since it was an left over 2003. I was satisfied for the first several months then problems started occuring. I took it in for service several times and these problems still exist. Love the acceleration and the Getrag shifter is nice, but the crafstmanship that went into it stinks. My biggest complaints are with the heating unit since it makes strange noises, starting problems, the passenger seat moves when vehicle is in motion and NOISE. Whenever I go over bumps or train tracks the dashboard squeaks and rattles. It is a little embarrasing sometimes.

Engine power, styling, remote keyless entry with panic button, fun to drive when on a flat surface, seat fabric.

PLEASE do something about all the noise! Add more insulation! Make the interior a little more appealing by adding some chrome accents and bezels. It looks very plain. The cup holders are shallow and need to have a slot for cups with a handle. Also they are placed in a terrible location.