Used 2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

Drives well...when it drives
By crapaliergirl

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I keep my cars in great shape - my previous car was a 30 year old VW in mint condition. This car - well. Under warranty: Bearings some sort of alternator shelf? catalytic converter Covered because though not under warranty, acknowledged problem: ENGINE (faulty block - if your engine goes - INVESTIGATE AND PUSH!) Not under warranty: brakes and rotors - constantly warps rotors within first 5,000 kms. $400 Fuel pump at 125,000 kms - although thousands of complaints, claim it's a "fuel supply" issue and not a fuel pump issue. Yes - apparently, by the thousands of complaints, it's one all over north America. nice one, GM. interior poorly setup - cannot use heat knobs with cup holders full.

peppy and fast. attractive exterior design.

quality control - take responsibility for faulty parts. don't pass the buck to fuel companies - you make crappy fuel pumps. fix them. you have crappy brake systems (not the brakes - those were a different brand) - fix it. I will not buy a GM product again.

A piece of junk!
By Valerie

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car brand new with 3 miles on it. Thought it would be a great reliable car. WRONG! I had every stupid little thing go wrong with it possible. I replaced the rear turn signals about 20 times and finally the dealership did some fixing to it. Didn't work cause I Still had to replace it once a month. The windows, BOTH, broke and wouldn't go down so I had to have my father fix them several times. The interior lights had issues with flickering constantly. Another electrical problem the dealership fixed and it restarted again. Had some engine issues but luckily my father is a mechanic so it didn't cost too much.

It was a cute car and had it actually ran I would of loved it. I really didn't like a thing about it because of the stupid issues.

EVERYTHING! This vehicle lacks quality in every area!

Really good Cavalier
By Darby J. Pruitt

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This 03 Cavalier is the 2nd Cavalier I have owned, and besides the few problems that I have had this car has seen me though thick and thin. Now that I have hit 105,000 miles I'm looking forward to it's first real tuneup. It diffenetly has the get up go I need to fly past any import I come across. The comfort is pretty good seeing I managed to stay setted for 10 hours on two 780 mile trips, and I think the automatic transmissons are as good as the manuels. The only problems I've had are the fuel pump, e- vac canister, and catalytic converter, (the converter was my fault for running hard everyday). And after 1 wreak with a BMW (BMW's fault) the Cavalier is still running like she means it.

It's got good power,(I plan on putting more), Enough space for a good sized person, Amazing what you can put in the trunk, And great gas mileage. And best of it's a Chevy, and it's hard to kill a Chevy, both my 89 and 03 models.

Move those cup holders, and make them bigger. Insted of the Cobalt and the new Cruze, Bring back the Cavalier, the Cavalier had a 23 year run and I think it needs to make a comeback just like some other cars from other companys.

A great car.
By nollocs

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the car brand new in 2003. I love it. I have had a few problems. But nothing big. The gauge cluster acts up some times and will not work. I had a rod that was bent in the AC unit, but that was fixed under warranty. It has 87,000 mile now. This last tank of gas I got just over 34 mpg in mixed driving. But I usually average 30-31mpg in mixed driving. It has plenty of power for a cheap car.

The power, mpg, reliability.

Move the cup holders.

I love my cavalier
By Nicole

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is my very first car. I've had it for almost 2 yrs now and have over 110K on it and it's still running strong. AC works amazing and so does the heat. It gets regular oil changes and tune ups and has amazing gas mileage. I've done alot of driving in it, miles at a time sometimes and it doesn't ever have a problem. I've gotten into one accident with it and it was just exterior damage, and the car looks and feels like it never happened. Nothing major has had to be fixed on it yet. Runs very well in the snow.. Very reliable car!!

I love the gas mileage it gets, the sporty look to it, Cool AC and the reliability.

I think all the cavaliers should have ABS. Also the cupholders stink where they are at. it would also be nice if everything wasn't manual. (example: the mirrors) it's a little frustrating when they freeze to a weird position in the snow.