2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Consumer Reviews 5

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
Fun and Carefree
By Trixi on 08/18/07 17:25 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Cavalier immediately following ABS problems in a previous car (a much larger and less fuel efficient Cadillac). I bought it from a rental car sales lot and since then I have put 1 qt and a half of oil in it (exc oil changes), no coolant, 2 air filters, one set of brakes, and put air in the tires twice. Coming from an extreme nickel and diming situation, this car provided me with an oasis of carefree driving. I love to drive it; its agile and quick, makes almost no noise, and never runs hot. This car is definitely my "little buddy". I plan on doing several aftermarket changes to update it a little, but it doesn't need much.

Economy doesn't meet comfort
By Bri on 08/02/07 14:48 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I owned this car for 3 years, and I'm just now trading it in. My husband is in the military, so it was easy to put 60k on it in that amount of time. This car gave me no trouble for 2 1/2 years, until the fuel pump went out. I wasn't surprised, as GM is noted for recalls. With an aftermarket air filter, I got 39 miles to the gallon in this car. The only reason I'm trading in is because we're expecting a baby, and there's no way a car seat will comfortably fit in this back seat. Moderate comfort for 2 people, but don't bother if you have a child or any friends to drive around. The front controls are horribly placed, and it's small. But all in all I loved this car. Very reliable.

Chevy Owner
By CHEVYOWNR on 06/21/07 09:36 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

1st Chevy I ever owned. Absolutely love the sporty look, but definitely was impressed with its overall performance. Great deal for the money!

Cheaply made lemon
By Washingtonian on 05/21/07 07:08 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

At 4 yrs. old this car has developed a number of problems that a car its age should not have. The entire serpentine belt has slipped off and the car periodically stalls when stopped. The trunk latch also broke, a problem the dealership tells me is very common in in the Cavalier. We've also had smaller annoying problems -- a buzz in the ventilation system, a CD player that skips incessantly, and a fuse issue that causes lights to burn out quickly. Aside from the reliability issue, the car is poorly designed. Sun visors droop low across the windshield over time, the seats are uncomfortable, the cup holders block the climate control, and the roof pillars are in the driver's line of sight.

This is a crapalier
By Crapalier on 04/04/07 21:16 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this brand new. Had 3 transmission replacements, which never got totallly fixed, cd player eats cds, engine stalls, wheel bearing broke, inspection fails every time, very ugly interior, the cup holder is in the way, major oil leakage, and so many other problems. This car all around stinks!

2003 Cavalier
By tracy on 01/05/07 09:38 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car as been fun to own and drive. It is comfortable for long trips and really good on gas. It runs great and the only issue I've had is the rear turn signal lights which I believe was fixed with new circuit boards.

Great little car
By dunnr on 09/06/06 18:23 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great little car if you are not looking to spend a fortune, but want to get plenty of options. This car has all the options you could get in 2003 except a sunroof.

Economical and reliable
By Maggie on 08/21/06 14:06 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car with nine miles on it, so all of its miles have been mine. It's solid on fuel economy and roomy for a small sedan. I've had very few problems with it (an automatic window motor was replaced under warranty and I've had a tire and battery go, but that's been it). I have two small peeves: the back windows won't go all the way down, which my 11-year-olds hate and the temp control is right where your drink is, which means an extra step when you don't want to be fumbling with a travel mug. Other than that, it's been a great car thus far. I'm going to keep it until the 11-year-olds get their licenses--if I live that long-- so I'm taking very good care of the car.

What a car
By puck on 06/07/06 14:15 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Bought it used from and old couple with only 20,000 miles. Thought what a great deal. Had to got to the dealership 3 times for recalls that take 3-5 hrs at a time. Got everything standard nothing special;. Stereo quits, cds get stuck. The seals on the doors and windows like to come off. I found out the car I paid $15,000 for a year later was only worth $2,600, now even less. Can we fix the funny sounds when you can barely hear the radio over the wind while on the freeway. I love my car but by now all the bugs should've been worked out.

Too Good To Be True
By HEID on 12/12/05 18:29 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I should have known the price was too good to be true, I love to drive my car, however that is when it runs. It only has 32000 miles on it, and is in the shop more than driven, and Chevy does not stand behind their work. I think itís a good starter car, but if you want a reliable car for day to day never ever by a Cavalier. Trust me I learned the hard way, and still owe 10,000.00 on the car