Used 2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Consumer Reviews - 167 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

Love My Yellow Cav
By kimmy03cav

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love my little Cavalier. It has gotten me from A to B everyday since day one in 2003 when I drove it off the lot.
When I first brought her home, I had numerous little problems, bad wiring harnesses that blew my blinkers out weekly, rusty roters that caused a pulsation, blew my speakers too but, In 8 years the only major problem was a fuel pump after owning it for 7 years and 110k.
It's peppy for a 4 cly. 2.2 automatic.
Best car ever! I lover it and I don't want to sell her but I need room for little ones.

I love it's gas mileage and it's maneuverability. It's nice to look at too. She till turns heads after 8 years.

More leg room for passenger. My husband is 6'4'' and his knees press on the dash. The metal must be poor quality too. I washed weekly and waxed every 6 months and still she's rusting out on me. Must be a common problem because there is a yellow one just like mine at the gym I go to and it's rusting in the same spots.

2003 Chevy Cavalier Review
By md2011

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Got this car Feb 06 traded it in May 09' with 68k.
My first car.
Drivetrain in this car could not be beat strong engine good transmission(auto). Performance, handling was exceptional. Excellent mpg 35mpg hwy.

Problem is everything else in this car was going.
The A/C had problems with derbis that would rattle in the vents, alternator was going, battery was going, suspension was horrible.
So many rattles actually got rubber sheets cut and siliconed it in various places to stop the rattles. Interior space every bump I hit my head on the ceiling (i'm 6'3).
Interior materials were below avg but this an economy car.
Cupholders in a bad location.
t

All in all good first car.

Performance, mpg, drivetrain reliability.

A lot of components needed repairs, placement of cupholders interfered with ac controls and radio not to mention tiny to fit any real bottles or cups in. Rear windows don't go all the way down (remedied this by removing the stop blocks within the doors then they went all the way down.)

2003 cavalier
By wolverine39

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I just sold my 03 Cavalier, it had 125,000 miles. I owned it for 18 months. I had problems with it leaking oil and had to replace the rear main seal, also recently the a/c unit went out in it which caused me to sell. but other than that it was reliable, always started and never left me on the side of the road.

cheap price, fuel economy was excellent.

interior design was the biggest flaw with this car, you would have to move any drink you had in the cupholders to change anything on the climate contol system.

115k miles and...
By neil27

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I've put 115k miles on my Chevy cavalier. The price was very attractive. The car has surprisingly good slow speed acceleration. However, I've had numerous mechanical difficulties including: fuel pump failure, multiple evap canister failures, serious wire harness failure, ventilation blower failure, speaker problems, hood latch failure, power steering issues, broken seat. In addition the car eats front end brake rotors at high rate. The transmission failed with 12k miles, but was replaced on warranty. The rear suspension is noisy and rides really rough. Road noise levels are high. The interior design, especially the placement of the cup holders, is terrible

Price, decent acceleration

Interior design and reliability need improvement

lemon yellow lemon
By Kay

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new in 2003 and thought it would be a good car for my needs. I had it in for repairs 5 times under warranty and count fewer times since. Now it has headlight problems and turn signal light on passenger side blows out every 2 to 3 weeks. I would never buy a GM car again!

Cute car, drives well, heater and AC works, sound system is good

It would have been helpful if General Motors would issue recalls since most of these cars seem to have the same problems