Used 2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

Reliable, fun, basic transportation
By 70novaman

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I test drove 4 cars before deciding on the Cavalier. A Honda Civic, a Mazda Protege, a Ford Focus ZX3 and the Cavalier. The Cavalier beat them all hands down for value vs. dollars. The Honda felt "tinny" as did the Mazda. The Focus I tested had a terrible front end vibration to which the dealer attributed to "rust on the rotors from sitting on the lot" - What? None of the other cars had that problem. The Cavalier is basic, good transporation. Love it.

First: Engine performance Second: Exterior design

15 inch tires would be nice on standard package. Other than that - none Great car.

Can't Go Wrong !!!
By gregjohnson68

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The power from the ECOTEC 2.2l engine is no less than beautiful! The handling is in the same boat, mixed with great looks (mines black!) inside , and out! Do yourself a huge favor , and go buy one TODAY!!!! You will not regret it , ever!

Handling , Braking , Interior controls , and of coarse POWER!

A 3 hole dashboard to windshield heating would be better than one , but everything else is great! (maybe euro style tailights LoL...)

checkit
By mcghee

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love my car that I just recently purchased for a wonderful price. It is great on the gas mileage and oil use. I love the way the car looks, sounds, and the comfort. It is my first new car I to own everything else was late eighties model. I do want to purchase a spoiler and keyless entry for it here soon.

cd player. looks and good gas mileage

I do wish the cup holder was placed somewere else, right now it is right in front of the heat controls and radio. I sometimes find it in the way when I have a drink in the holder and I am tring to change the station or heat controls.

Not happy anymore
By exchevygirl

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I only had my car for 10 months and it has been into a Chevy dealer twice to be repaired. The front brakes were grinding, the front axil squeeked constantly, the heater makes a terrible noise when its on and overall I am not happy with the Cavalier. I had an older Cav the had over 160,000 miles on it and was 10 years old and I never had problem with her...wish I kept that car.

Rides like a dream!
By mondiajo

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I commute 130 miles daily. This car is fuel efficient (I get about 425-450 miles/tank of gas.) and it was inexpensive to purchase.

I bought a standard, because I can build quick speed without totally losing the fuel economy.

I would like to be able to lower the back seat without having to use the levers in the trunk.