Used 2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

Reliable, fun, basic transportation
By 70novaman

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I test drove 4 cars before deciding on the Cavalier. A Honda Civic, a Mazda Protege, a Ford Focus ZX3 and the Cavalier. The Cavalier beat them all hands down for value vs. dollars. The Honda felt "tinny" as did the Mazda. The Focus I tested had a terrible front end vibration to which the dealer attributed to "rust on the rotors from sitting on the lot" - What? None of the other cars had that problem. The Cavalier is basic, good transporation. Love it.

Favorite Features

First: Engine performance Second: Exterior design

Suggested Improvements

15 inch tires would be nice on standard package. Other than that - none Great car.

Can't Go Wrong !!!
By gregjohnson68

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The power from the ECOTEC 2.2l engine is no less than beautiful! The handling is in the same boat, mixed with great looks (mines black!) inside , and out! Do yourself a huge favor , and go buy one TODAY!!!! You will not regret it , ever!

Favorite Features

Handling , Braking , Interior controls , and of coarse POWER!

Suggested Improvements

A 3 hole dashboard to windshield heating would be better than one , but everything else is great! (maybe euro style tailights LoL...)

checkit
By mcghee

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love my car that I just recently purchased for a wonderful price. It is great on the gas mileage and oil use. I love the way the car looks, sounds, and the comfort. It is my first new car I to own everything else was late eighties model. I do want to purchase a spoiler and keyless entry for it here soon.

Favorite Features

cd player. looks and good gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

I do wish the cup holder was placed somewere else, right now it is right in front of the heat controls and radio. I sometimes find it in the way when I have a drink in the holder and I am tring to change the station or heat controls.

Getting what you pay for
By Snookums

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car with hesitation.I knew I didnt have the best car,but i also didnt expect problems from a new car.Such as...the visor is my biggest annoyance,stalls on occasion,floor matt on drivers side,electrical problems with two windows,blinkers,tailights and controls in the middle.Uncomfortable seats,loud A/C,cups dont fit in oddly placed cupholders. Worst of all, TERRIBLE PAINT JOB(if an acorn falls on my car it gets scratched)! I never knew of ANY car where a light in the glovebox was NOT standard! Nonetheless,i do like my Cavilier. Breaks work very good,gas mileage is awesome,nice look,safety features,radio/speakers,A/C,dimmed lights,performance.

Favorite Features

gas mileage and All THE SAFETY FEATURES...including the anchors for kids car seats, door not able to lock if key is in, automatic turn off of lights if left on.

Suggested Improvements

Automatic turn on/off lights, standard fog lights, comfort of seats, VISOR that WORKS, Matts that FIT,quiet A/C, better placed cupholders, LIGHT IN THE GLOVEBOX AND BETTER PAINT JOB!!!

Not happy anymore
By exchevygirl

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I only had my car for 10 months and it has been into a Chevy dealer twice to be repaired. The front brakes were grinding, the front axil squeeked constantly, the heater makes a terrible noise when its on and overall I am not happy with the Cavalier. I had an older Cav the had over 160,000 miles on it and was 10 years old and I never had problem with her...wish I kept that car.