2003 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
I Hate My Cavalier
By Todd Hong on 04/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have a Cavalier that gets only 22 mpg highway even with the overspeed transmission. The dealership & Chevrolet will not work to determine what the problem is, their answer is "tough cookies". There are several pickup trucks that get better mileage! Car also doesn't hold value. My recommendation: BUY A TOYOTA COROLLA or SATURN. For the same money you get a much better riding car in the Corolla that holds a high resale value!

2002 z24 and the mew 2003 model
By Ryan V. on 04/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the 2002 z24 that came with the Ecotec in Canada. Although it lost 10 hp from the previous 2.4L engine, the car still has respectable power from 150 ft lbs of torque. I'm pretty sure this model is identical to the new 2003 design; the only differences being the design and some interior bits. The build quality is below average and the materials used is also below par. The tweaked suspension gives it a grippy handle on the road; that's a plus. This car gives you what you paid for. If it was 5,000-7,000 more I wouldn't have bought it.

You get a little more then you pay for
By Khris97 on 04/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

After rebates and so forth I paid 10K for this brand new car. You definatly get more then you pay for. the 2.2L 140hp engine matted to the manual 5 speed gearbox is great. The car is not a Benz so I wasn't expecting it to be as comfortable as one, but for a small car, its pretty decent. Braking is very smooth and sure. As with just about all American cars, theres a question as to the quality of the fit and finish, but I haven't found any blemishes. Nothing rattles or squeeks. Wind noise and engine vibration is minimal. You really do get a lot for 10K.

disappointed
By Sweetpea on 04/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I traded in my 1997 2-door cavalier & bought a blue LS sport coupe 2003 cavi about 2 mths ago. I have had it in the shop already for this cracking noise in the front. It ended up being a recall part (something that they "forgot" to put in). My part has yet to come in (2 weeks now). Then 3 days ago I noticed that my fuel gage is acting up. It is tellimg me that I have 3/4 a tank of gas. I know that I should have under a 1/2 (went 185 miles since last filled). So it's going back again. Everytime I drive that car I get bounced around. I know it is a sports model but when I hit a bump in the road forget it. One last thing-it is TERRIBLE in the snow.

The Price is Right
By CapoFerro on 04/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have nothing bad to say about this car. If you are looking for a no frills car that will give you reliability, overall driving confidence and will not hurt your deminshed bank account in this poor market then this is the car for you.

my cavalier
By mjjmmj on 03/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

built cheap the counsul is smaller no vanity mirrors not like the older models i had a 96 much better deal thedealer broke off the handle to the anti theft so i couldn't use it because i wasn't charged for it...

The Z24 is great!
By Smiling at 61 on 03/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Just got a 2003 Z24 after two other Cavalier coupes. Love it! These things are so reliable, and the Z24 is fun to drive. Enhanced stereo system is great. I've always been a "no power anything" person, but the sunroof, windows and locks are changing my mind. This is a good car for the money.

Disagree W/ Edmund's Review
By Hershey on 02/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The 03 is the best. Not sure why Edmund's feels this car is old. If you look from a pract point it rcvd new fascias,eng in 03,trans is new design. The int. not as cheap as you say,as for the rest of the car, just so much you can do when something works. Why is it that when imports changes fascias Edmunds hails as comp redesign,when U.S. manf does it is insgnfcnt,car is still old design? Elantra is worse,I drove both. Only feature that beats Cav is the 100k war,doesn't help resale. If you read the small print you can't sell it out of your family doesn't help resale. Do a REAL test,drive each w/30k. You find why the CAV CONS RATING is high.

2003 chev cavalier 2dr there GREAT!!!!!
By nutshouse on 02/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I REALLY LOVE THE WAY THIS CAR DRIVES,IT,S EXACTLY WHAT WAS LOOKING FOR,I DID;NT EVEN DRIVE THE CAR BEFORE I BOUGHT IT,BECAUSE IT LOOKED SO GOOD! EVERYTHING WORKS GREAT,GOOD STEREO SOUND REALLY DRIVES VERY WELL,HANDLES GREAT,I HAVE NOTHING BUT GREAT THINGS TO SAY ABOUT THIS CAR!!!!!!

That Car that grows up with you!!!
By Now A Mom on 02/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my first cavalier in 97, and it lasted for 7 years with no major mechincal repair. So when it was time to grow up and turn in my two cute car for a bigger and more adult car. My first choice was the cavalier. It still has a grown up look, without screaming "Im a mom". I trust this make and model, and will continue to business with them if when my now 2 year old gets her license. (watch out world)